win2K & TFS-3 problem...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Pitbull, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitbull

Pitbull Registered Member

Greetings,

Just upgraded my home PC from Win98Se to Win2K+SP2 (I wiped the disk first, so it's effectively a fresh install).

I installed TDS-3 using Administrator login, and it runs fine while logged in as Administrator.

However when I login as a non-administrator (a poweruser in this case) the execution protection won't install - actually it says it's installed okay but also throws an error window. My guess is some sort of file move/copy is failing.

I've temporarily given powerusers full control over my TDS-3 directory and all sub-directories & files, and also over the C:\WINNT\inf directory as it appears to install some files there when installing execution protection. However this does not fix it.

Anybody got any ideas what might be causing it ?

I'm pretty sure it a permissions-related problem because if I change a poweruser to administrator group then it installs. I thought the inf directory perms would solve it, but maybe there is another directory somewhere that is also used ?

Regards.

Pitbull.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Pitbull,

Are you a licensed user?
    If so, you could go to the private DSC forum. As far as I remember there was a posting about it.
    Maybe I could try to find it for you, but I don't use W2000 and I have to admit that I don't have much knowledge about W2000, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.