Win2k Personalized Menus Problem

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Nemo, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemo

Nemo Registered Member

Hello, All ---

Running Win2k Pro with SP3 on a standalone PC. Had been using Personalized Menus for both Programs and Favorites for some time w/o problems until now.

Ran MRU-Blaster 1.3 three days ago; first time I ever ran program. Immediately, Personalized Menus stopped working and have not functioned since no matter what I try.

Please help!! Need those Personalized Menus to work again!

Thanks to all.

Nemo

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

MRU-Blaster cleared the data of what programs you had recently used. The data will be recreated as you use your computer (in fact, it probably already is being recreated). The effects, however, are not instantaneous:

If you wish for MRU-Blaster to not clear these lists, you should uncheck the following option in the Settings window (MRU-Blaster will still scan for and clean everything else):
    -Windows UserAssist MRUs

This should prevent the clearing of those lists.

Regards,

-Javacool

P.S. For anyone else following this thread, it should be noted that the same thing happens on Windows XP - the UserAssist MRUs contain information on the most frequently used programs. Windows XP uses this information to create its "smart" start menu.

3. Nemo

Nemo Registered Member

Hello, Sir ---

Thank you for your advice. You were right on. The personalized menus have returned and work fine. I made the adjustment to MRU Blaster as you advised to prevent the problem from recurring.

Thanks again for your help.

Nemo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.