Win2003Server

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Loki, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hello,

I've just installed Win2003 Server and than I installed PE v1.620. I've lost internet connection and my network card will not accept an automatic DHCP address from my router. When I un-install PE and reboot everything works.

Loki o_O

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Loki, was the Win server 2003 installation into a clean partition?

I do not think we have had any other reports regarding WS2003 so I cannot really comment. There may be version changes & security settings that affect PE's installation.

We may have to wait a few hours before DCS reply on Monday morning (Australian time) :D

3. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi,

I did a clean install and format. The operating system went on an NTFS partition and PE was installed on a FAT32 partition.

This system is for testing and learning so I can re-install or try whatever is needed. Also I can keep it clean of software. Right now installed is Sygate 5 Pro, NOD32 v2.

The first time I installed 2003 Server the only other thing I installed was PE and lost DHCP. I un-installed the OS and tried again with a clean install again. And when I installed PE I lost the DHCP again that's when I un-installed PE and then rebooted. DHCP took the routers assignment.

It's no problem waiting... :p

Loki :cool:

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks for the extra info' Loki, hopefully Jason will be along shortly with a reply. :D

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Windows 2003 server is not supported (yet) sorry. There was no clear information available on the 2003 winsock stack and supporting it during Port Explorer development, but we'll support the OS as soon as possible :)

6. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Gavin,

Thanks... :D

Loki :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.