Win10 network reset

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

all settings > network & internet > reset network..... Windows 10 latest release

after reboot, will have problems or need to enter info?

_________

Troubleshooter only finds can't find proxy

hoovering over ethernet icon shows "Asus_2GEXT internet connection. When I connected to Asus_2GEXT, the "label", still shows.

after reboot, & ipconfig renew release, Ipconfig with *Con* failed, tried turning WIFI off, unplug re plug ethernet cable, & reboot router

Thanks
    Rico

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Done hover over ethernet icon says, Network Internet Access. Ok! It also says "unidentified network no internet access"

network shows 4 WiFi, assume those are the unidentified no, internet

Asus
    Asus_5G
    Asus_2GEXT ext- extender or booster
    ASUS_5GEXT

Is that tick the connect automatically & done, or tick all four, or...

before network reset 427 mbps down, after 17mbps.
    immediately after 17mbps, checked wife's machine (same network both eternet) she gets 430mbps down Help

reboot & rerun speed test
    upload_2020-3-26_15-52-57.png

Not understanding this. Before reboot slow speed I ticked 'Asus' auto connect. After the reboot, "unidentified network, no internet access" msg is gone!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  3. itman

itman Registered Member

I beleive its a "hit or miss" thing.

A few months back I was having network issues and ran it. After reboot, my network connection was completely hosed. When I tried to access the router GUI via browser; e.g. 192.168.1.255, the router's previous IP address, I couldn't. Ipconfig showed me that was no longer the gateway's address but it was now 192.168.1.1. WTF? Using that IP address showed the router somehow had been reconfigured for a bridge connection to a built-in Wi-Fi router I hadn't used in ages. Note I am on an Ethernet connection. Have no idea how all this occurred. A hard reset of the router got everything back in order.

Note that I had used this Win 10 network reset feature previously and also since the above incident w/o issue. Hence, the "hit or miss" assessment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.