Win XP User password

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DaveU, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveU

DaveU Registered Member

:oops:
    I decided to follow advice in a forum and set up a new Administrator profile, with administrator powers and make all the other user Limited accounts.
    I used it all day yesterday with no problems but now it won't let me in. It's rejecting the password I'm entering.
    It's the one I set up yesterday and it hasn't been changed but it seems to me that I'm now in deep doobies. With no administrator profile I can't update / install etc etc etc.

I ran the PC's Help - it told me how to use the Password Wizard (before you forget it!) but I can't find such a program.

Is there anything I can do, other than jump off a cliff? SOS!!! Please!!!

PS I wasn't sure which area to post this i

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. MaVRiC

MaVRiC Registered Member

4. DaveU

DaveU Registered Member

Many thanks for your usual very helpful & speedy replies. I had some problems trying to use some of the suggestions and in the end I took the easy way out - PC World. I've been happy to flame them from time to time in the past but credit where credit is due, as they say in the UK.
    I presume that 'registered/approved' MS dealers can access something we mere mortals can't - the Administrator profile. (& I understand why it's not openly available!) They used that yesterday to remove the password from my administrator profile so everything's OK now.
    Again, many thanks to MaVRiC & GlobalForce - you're stars!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.