Win Xp SP3

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by chaos16, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Any news on windows xp sp3?? Or is it still to early to say or are they already working on it but no news of it??

wat does the service packs do only security or they do bug fixeso_O

2. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Service Packs are supposed to contain both security patches and bug fixes. They aren't supposed to really contain any new functionality, but sometimes they do. Microsoft has been busy working on SP1 for Windows Server 2003, which they just released at the very end of March. AFAIK, there hasn't really been much talk of an SP3 for XP, although one will more than likely appear next year or so. Recently, more of the XP-oriented talk has centered on add-ons such as the upcoming Internet Explorer 7.0 and the pre-beta, "community technology preview" releases of Avalon (new presentation subsystem) and Indigo (new web-services framework).

3. zcv

zcv Registered Member

The pharse XP Reloaded has been used, sort of a SE for XP. I suspect that it will depend on whether Longhorne stays on the latest schedule - mid to last qtr of '06.

Regards - Charles

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

If you run Belarc on your computer you will find that already we have patches listed under SP3 for XP. I know it is not the full service pack but they are identified as SP3 by Belarc. IE7's release will be interesting to watch out for.

5. zcv

zcv Registered Member

That pattern was there prior to SP2 - post SP1 patches/updates were labeled SP2 my MS.

Regards - Charles

6. big_sniper

big_sniper Guest

ok i have XP sp3 a laste version
    name is XP longhorne you want it
    call in this number <removed>

From the Wilders Terms of Service:Furthermore, you agree not to post any links to warez sites or sites from which malware (viruses, worms, trojans, backdoors etc.) can be downloaded.
    - Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.