Win-7 x64: failed to install CTM, RBRX and Keriver !?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Solarlynx, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Yeah, a couple of updates failed but then I just reinstalled them.

2. Solarlynx

Now I booted Paragon Rescue Kit CD and fixed booting with it. Comp seems to restart without freezing.

3. Solarlynx

Lol now the last lines of my Christmas adventure in the realm of disk formats.
    I thought everything is OK, the time machine Eaz-Fix worked perfectly. And suddenly I was astonished to see that "C" drive showed it's 85 GB (out of 100 GB) full, but really it was only 20 GB full, and "D" drive showed it's 295 GB (out of 365 GB) full though really it was only 20 GB full. That was enough! I must find the way to get back. Many people are happy without wonders of time machines.

:)

I got a brilliant idea to format the disk with windows installation disk. I've managed to format the first partition, couldn't format the second, and kept intact "C" and "D".

;)

Windows can't load.

:mad:

Windows rescue disk which I created on this comp failed to load: it said something like "not this windows". It's just the change in first 2 tracks of 100 MB and 128 MB bewildered it!

:mad:

Then I tried BBIM CD, but it failed to load. I burnt another one on my other comp. I downloaded the trial BIBM and burnt it. I was unpleasantly surprised by the message that the trial expired and had to listen annoying beeping during 1 minute. As if I'm a hijacker of an expensive car. Maybe it was because I tried IFW on that comp? Unfortunately it couldn't convert back the disk to GPT state.

:ouch:

Then I saw Redo B&R disk and remembered that it has some utilities. I booted it and used "Boot Repair" tool to fix booting. After that procedure windows booted. Paragon B&R backup wizard has nice window showing the state of the disk. It showed that I got this GPT state back!

:)

Now I have created images of system partition (and this first two tracks, of course) with several imaging progs (just for a case if some prog won't be able to restore) and they lived happily ever after...

:thumb::thumbd::thumb::thumbd::thumb::thumbd::thumb:

:):(:):(:)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.