Win 7 ultimate for $14...how can this site exist?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wearetheborg, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

~snipped~

I'm curious on why MS hasnt shut them down?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Because the same thing is already obtainable almost everywhere around the planet for free?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Did you report it? And whoever is daft enough to purchase from a site like that well ......

4. wearetheborg

How can anyone tell if a site is legit or not? Is there some price below which it is illegal to sell?

They use paypal etc, and typically paypal shuts down illegal operations pretty quick if there are complaints. So that makes me wonder .....

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Once again, did you report it? If you can't see what scam that and similar sites is then no wonder they exist. Because it is a scam to rip people off :thumbd:

6. wearetheborg

Well, I wasnt scammed, I did not buy anything, but one guy at notebookreview did, and he got a valid (for now) key.

What am I gonna say to MS --- "look they are selling at super low prices"? :cautious:

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

He was scammed and unfortunately will find that key all of sudden becomes invalid. And yes tell MS and Paypal that the site is selling keys see what they say ;)

8. wearetheborg

Is selling keys not legal? Newegg etc sell MS software? :doubt:

9. ruinebabine

I could sell you my brand new lamborghini for $499CAD, key included. Just wait a minute, I will go open a new paypal account, will be back...

10. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You act indignant how MS doesn't close the site, which they might not even be aware of, for selling keys for silly prices yet are unwilling to report it. And then, to top it up, you question that maybe, actually, somehow selling keys on that scam site is legal because Newegg does it? ;)

11. wearetheborg

I'm not indignant....

AFAIK selling keys at silly prices is not an offense.

12. ABee

ABee Registered Member

Did he get his choice of keys, or was he stuck with the one that came with the software?

And is there a further discount for 'key only' purchases?

I like a key sequence that flows off the tongue. Some of those number/letter combos just aren't rhythmic, and can be really tough to remember. :(

13. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

A short spell at a pub will enhance both fluency and memory ;) .

14. ruinebabine

Not an offense all by itself only, at opening, but always a big flag on the run. And how could they ever have a profitable way for continuing their business at those perpetual prices...

15. ABee

ABee Registered Member

Good suggestion! I'll be giving that a try shortly. :p

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

the key is either a msdn or technet key they are selling ill bet on that. the key will work for a few months ..... maybe.... but will end up blacklisted one a hundred people use the same one and its gets activated even more times. but yes up front and for now the key will work but not for long, also once ms finds this key being used like this they will close his account from wherever he gets the keys from and then they will blacklist ALL of the keys the seller got from that account.

people buy technet accounts and get 10 keys for each version of win7 and each key can be used or activated online up to 10 times.

so they sell the same key over and over again to a number of people and make a ton of money from a 200$ account. this was HUGE on ebay when win 7 first came out.

17. wearetheborg

I thought each technet key could only be used once?

18. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

they can only be used on one pc at a time but they can be used 10 times over the web and them you can still call after that and they normally will re-activate it again over the phone. but when they see a key used like 50-100 times they kill it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.