Win 7 theme for XP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by screamer, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

As Easter stated in the "Serious Stuff" thread... I followed it and came up with Tweaking with Vishal. http://www.askvg.com/

This is great for the individual that's not ready to convert, but wants that Win 7 look. You can install as much or as little i.e. cursors, sounds... as you like.

...screamer

Attached Files:

2. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I wish you guys would pack it in.

I have just got my system how i like it, but now i`m gonna have to go and test this out :argh:

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have never relaly liked theme packs mainly because some buttons dont do anything and are just decorative.

windows 7 is a major upgrade from xp and is faster so may as well wait until it comes out and buy it.
    windows 7 has all the under the hood changes vista has plus its now faster than xp and has even more improvements. even has a new taskbar that is very functional.

4. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Hmm, the 7 beta ran noticeably slower on my 5-year old desktop (2.8GHz P4, 1GB RAM) compared to XP ...maybe 7 'shines' on a newer (more robust) PC... :doubt:

5. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

In my opinion Windows 7 is definitely not faster than XP...not by a long shot. Win 7 is faster than Vista....but what isn't....;). I switch between Win 7, Vista, and XP (plus Ubuntu and many other distros) all the time via CloneZilla images and the difference is quite noticeable. I run a 3.06 Pentium 4 with HT, 2 gigs of ram, and a 7200 rpm hard drive. It's not state of the art but it's not slow either.

I will say Win 7 is a vast improvement over Vista. I plan to buy Win 7 after it's released when a lot of the "rough edges" that I experienced have been ironed out.

Later...

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

you don't have to install the whole Theme and risk losing your normal configurations.

Just download the msstyle and place it in your Windows\Resources\Themes folder then go to Display Properties and Appearance and select it.

TRUST ME, YOU WILL BE AMAZED!

One note though, it may or may not require a uxtheme changer to accept unsigned msstyles, but it's definitely gives that Windows 7 new look to XP! And theres one for Vista too!

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better?

Try on the Brand New & Free Drive Space Indicator
    Several Drive Icon choices at your preference as well as other features.

http://drive-space-indicator.software.informer.com/

EASTER

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.