Will You Use Internet Explorer 9?

Discussion in 'polls' started by shakethebabyass, Sep 4, 2010.

?

Will You Use IE9 Beta? Is This The Real IE9 UI?

1. Yes I Will, Yes It is.

42 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. No I Will Not, Yes It Is.

11 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Yes I Will, No It Isn't.

11 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. No I Will Not, No It Isn't.

29 vote(s)
    31.2%
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I just said that I'm not concerned with IE and IE 9. But even if I was, now not more ! Microsoft seems to force the users to upgrade to 7, indeed many users and companies don't have reason to do it and don't want.

No problem for XP: we have Opera, FF, Chrome... if Microsoft wanted IE to lose again users, this is the right step. We don't need IE 9.

But rather to use Seven because forced, I would switch to Linux. Konqueror, for exemple, is a very nice browser. :)

2. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

IE9 have full integration with W7 people have to understand that they are making new software using new technologies if you like old softwares you have too many options but sooner or later you have to move on to the latest standards of the technology industry :thumb:

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I'm very interested in IE9, and if it's true that XP won't be included in the IE9 party, then I may have to follow the course that MS plotted for me, and abandon XP for 7. I may even use it as an excuse to buy a couple new boxes. :eek:

4. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

I will not use it. I use Windows, that's the only thing made by M$ I will install on my PC

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I tried it for a few days, but went back to Chrome. I just like Chrome better overall, although it's nice to have an x64 browser around now.

6. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Your poll doesn't make any cents, how can I vote no, and then tell you what the UI is going to look like o_O

7. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

8. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

IE9 is for me indeed :thumb:

9. blacknight

:D I'm very curious to learn which " new technologies " make really NEW Seven: no WinFS, no a really new kernel....the only one OS that could be innovative, Longhorn, never born.

Who says that XP SP3 is old ? And why ? Only for Aero and impossible UAC...Very deep technologies.

p.s.: as I already wrote, I have Seven, licensed, but I don'tl ike it and I don't use.

10. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

I'm using it now and like it, it's clean looking and fast plus the other features are still there if you need them but so far the only toolbar I have is Roboform.

It works at my bank site and as for my shopping site that just needs to be run in Compatibility mode for now, but apart from that so far so good.:thumb:

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I like it, fast and secure; it is still a beta, and the final release will be better, but on my Vista machine Chrome is just perfect.

12. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Feel free to not like it, but do try to not be ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_Vista
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_networking_technologies
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_I/O_technologies
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_7

13. blacknight

Try to be a bit polited. I'm not your pupil. Luckily: I know all this, but..what's ? No new, real kernel ( Windows never had a real complete kernel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computing) ), no substantial new features or options respect XP. Only some non relevant changes, Aero, and a restyling.

Ok, sorry for my intrusion in IE fan boys club. :D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  14. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Going by your interesting definition of "new", neither Linux nor Mac OS X has had a "new, real" kernel for years now.

There's no such thing as an OS only qualifying as "new" only if it contains a kernel that meets your frivolous definition of "new" and "real". That's just nonsense you pulled out of thin air.

Again, some very *ahem* interesting definitions of "substantial", "new", and "relevant" you've got there. The good old strategy of "moving the goalposts", I see.

Bottom line is, feel free to stick to an almost decade-old OS, your choice. If technological progress and innovation scares you, feel free to stay away, your choice as well. Just don't expect the rest of the world to stand still and wait for you.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  15. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

64 bits, hardware aceleration and more you need to read and yes XP is old like your old car at some point you need a new one stop crying for XP if you dont want W7 or IE9 just keep your old and outdated software and machine kapich :D

16. blacknight

A lot of nice words and hardware promises. I used Seven - with a new machine - and I again look for discover all these wonders, special effects, and great performances.

17. blacknight

See my previous posts. ( 66 ). I would want to see and to touch all the technical wonders of Seven. Anyway, I expect that Microsoft don't try to force the users to upgrade the OS every few years; technically is well knowed that there is the way to make XP IE-compatible, but Microsoft won't do it. Why ? Soon I'm afraid Microsoft will declare old and outdated IE 8, so to force all the users to buy Seven.

Anyway, as I said, I need IE only for security updates. It was and is always late respect others, much better Browsers.

The topic is not more interesting for me, I go out. Best wishes to IE an to his fan boys. :D :D One day may be they will discover Opera, FF, Chrome....

18. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Don't worry, you're not missing much anyway, there's no substantial new features or options in IE9, just some non-relevant changes. Enjoy your decade-old OS!

19. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You are entitled to see MS as a money making machine: they have never denied their profit oriented endeavours, which in a free market economy is the most adopted business model (see non-profit organizations as a specific label).

Well, there are alternatives (Linux, Apple), but if MS business model was really so unfair, over the years we would have seen some kind of clear decline (as a matter of fact, they've lost a few percentage points), and they have paid very expensive highly publicized anti trust fines.

XP is a great OS, but in a few years time a lot of third party applications won't work with it, the product will increasingly work "as is" and you can't expect MS to put more research into something that is outdated.

20. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

keep using your old XP who cares you dont have the money is ok keep running your Pentium 3 LOL

21. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

NO...

22. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thanks for understanding :thumb:

23. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Why bother posting here if you're not going to give a reason? Most people have posted yes because X, no because X. Your post is a waste of time.

24. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

using IE9 right now at least on my machine is the fastest, i know i dont have any plugin thats helps to make it quicker but is damn fast, even faster than Chrome with all the extensions disabled and the mouse scroll is like butter for only a 1st beta is oustanding good, i highly recommend you to give it a try.

25. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I updated my comptuer IE8 to IE9.
    But i will continue using Google Chrome anyways. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.