Will there be more updates to TI9 Home?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tachyon42, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Well there has been over 7,000 reads of this thread and this is the 176th post or somewhere close to that...keep the thread alive by responding and it will have to be eventually answered or it will become the blackhole thread of the Acronis TI branch and suck all the bandwidth up just loading and posting this one thread!! Ha!! :thumb: :p

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I get the feeling that the Acronis time system is not of our world! Perhaps they are really based at the South Pole - where time does not exist (theoretically).

Of course they may be on another calender/time/space dimension altogether :)

Come on Acronis, you've replied to posts either side of this one, at least gives us a 'we're still thrashing this out with the bean counters' reply or a straight forward yes/no.

If it is no, certainly many of us here will be grumpy, but at least you'll have made a statement adn can then concentrate on other things. Keeping people hanging doesn't work to your best advantage froma customer relations point of view.

Even those of us annoyed at a no answer, would be more likely to buy an Acronis product at some future date, than if we feel we are getting the run around.

Colin

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

TI 9 is available from online sellers and almost always at a lower price than in a local store, oft with free shipping.

Support costs are best reduced by using proper design, implementatiom documentationand software quality asurance procedures.

A support forum helps the customer and permits Acronis to answer questions fewer times.

Private responses to support queries are just a way of hiding the dirty laundry and requiring tat each of us ask a question for which there may already be an answer.

Along with a forum, is a need for a proper FAQ and KB. LasT I checked, TI was dismal in these areas.

Other things being (close to) equal, a product with a support forum would be my choice over one that has no forum, better yet if actual support folkes participated.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2006
  4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Absolutely correct IMHO.

F.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2006
  5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Guys, we've had it wrong all along!

Let the prying pretentious flock be annoyed.
    So they stay away from the 10.
    Less chances for yet another semi-official bugs-list to start floating around.
    Fewer disappointing warnings to new users - it's all there in the Guide.
    Let the customers enjoy the bells and whistles.
    Let them believe it was their marginal hardware or operator error.

My, I'm clever.

6. Allen L.

Well it's now approaching late afternoon in the Moscow area and the Acronis support are not responding to this thread once again, approaching closing time...hummm, now if they are located farther east in Russia, it is tomorrow there, so click over your calendars one more day of their hoping this issue will vanish from the minds of all along with version 9...but it won't until we get a final response, one way of the other...none of this wishy washy, we'll have meetings to decide...you know the answer, so just say it! o_O o_O :blink:

7. foghorne

Do you know, this *almost* fell off the page.
    That would never do :D

Acronis. We welcome your response.

F

8. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

But the support people are in Massachusetts, according to their signature line. Or did they all up and leave.o_O

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

They are just quoting the address of the Acronis Head Office and some of the names are those who have been supporting TI for quite some time. Not so long ago I believe HO was located in San Francisco.

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Support managed to reply to some posts either side of this late last night (my time).

I wonder what algorithm they use for replying - count 10 posts, add in grandma's birthday, double it and click? Divide by 12 to modulo 2 and that is the amount of replies they'll offer?

They do seem to be thin on the ground recently.

Colin

11. Allen L.

That really did work! Damn your good bodgy. :D

12. Howard Kaikow

Ayup, they moved from California to Massachsetts.

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

We'll despense with the un-necessary bumps and let Aleksandr Isakov's earlier post to this thread be the final word until such time as Acronis brings forth any further useful info concerning this matter at which time they can re-open the thread.

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Would like to inform you that the decision about the new build for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home was made. We are going to release one more build for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

I will keep you inform about the approximate time-frame for the release date of this build. However, please note that at this moment the time-frame for that is not decided yet. We apologize in advance for the delay with response.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

15. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

True Image 9.0 - Good News Indeed!

I'm really pleased to see that Acronis have decided to do the honourable thing and issue a further update for TI 9.0 (timescale TBN). Hopefully this final release will rectify all the hardware-independent problems known to be present in the current Build. We shall see :).

Regards

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  16. Howard Kaikow

Last build forTI 9, a proposed solution

Now thgat TI has announced tat there will be 1 last buikd for TI 9, see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=888521#post888521m I would propose a quicker solution that maqy cost Acronis less. I've already mentioned this somewhere in this forum.

Instead of producing another build of TI 9, which would entail further development and testing cos=ts, why not have a SPECIAL upgrade to TI 10, which eliminates those costs?

This build should install ONLY on systems that have legit TI 9 ALREADY installed, i.e., one could not use this buid of TI 10 by merely entering the TI 9 license code, TI 9 would already have to be installed.

This strategy should appease those that want all fixes, and encourgage them to obtain TI 10 for additional systems.

17. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Re: True Image 9.0 - Good News Indeed!

That is really good news.

Thank you Aleksandr.

Colin

18. foghorne

Thanks Acronis.

You really, really made us sweat over that one :D

F.

19. foghorne

Re: Last build forTI 9, a proposed solution

Hi Howard,

If V10 has the bugs fixed, they may well be going this route, but instead, stubbing out the new V10 features from the code base, and making the program appear to be a V9 build.

F.

20. Allen L.

Frankly I think your suggestion would only confuse the outstanding request to *finish* version 9. This discussion had nothing to do with the new issue of version 10, just the leaving of the v.9 unfinished. Let Acronis update v.9.xxxx to a fully finished version with none of the outstanding errors that were occurring within the last issue. That is what this complete thread was about, and then can be closed, as Acronis has then completed v.9.xxxx and moved on to their next project. By this action they have done the right thing by finishing what they started. That will fulfill our request, end of story.

If one needs the 'extras' provided by upgrading to v.10 of TI, then of course one is free to do so.

Thank you for this decision Acronis, you will not regret it!

Allen :thumb:

21. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Howard,

As I've said before, there must be an awful lot of codebase commonality between TI 9.0 and TI 10.0. One assumes that the known, hardware-independent, problems had been fixed in TI 10.0 and if they weren't then they darn well should be!! In which case the extra cost of incorporating and testing the necessary fixes into a final build of TI 9.0 should be negligible.

Speaking purely for myself, provided the well documented problems in TI 9.0 are fixed in the forthcoming final build, I would happily pay the asking price for an upgrade to TI 10.0.

Regards

22. Howard Kaikow

The cost to Acronis of copying, AND testing, fixes from 10 to 9 is a heck of a lot more than just modifying the install for a special update of 10.

Of course, if 10 will not work on the same OS as 9, then there indeed does need to be another build of 9.

23. Allen L.

But you seem to want to miss the point Howard. This is not about v.10. This is about v.9 being not finished. They state they will finish version 9 and correct the errors. Why confuse matters by trying to tell Acronis how to do their business? ATI v.10 is a new issue, if you want it, then buy it, you seem to want Acronis to give you a copy.

24. Howard Kaikow

i just suggested a less expensive way to distribute fixes.

25. foghorne

It might be a less expensive, but one could argue it is less profitable too.
    Every man and his dog still undecided about buying v10 will not have to buy it if Acronis gives them all a free upgrade.

The other thing is upgrade licenses are sequential. So if you now own a copy of v10 (because you got it for free) you have also been handed a cheap route to getting v11 next year. This is a fundamentally flawed business model IMHO.

I bought V9 based upon the features advertised. I personally don't expect a free upgrade to something different. However I expect V9 to be fixed and complete.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.