Will license be valid after OS reinstallation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bhabani, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhabani

bhabani Registered Member

Hello everybody,

My name is Bhabani and I am frm India, last week me and my friend bought Smart Security4 1yr-3 user license. I have doubt about the 3 license. My query is as follows:
    When we register the product, we have been given with a username and password. We have already installed the product in 2 pcs. but I am wondering. How Eset manages the license for multiuser. The scenario is, within the 1 yr if I reinstall operating system in any one of the 3 PCs, and try to install Smart Security, then will it accept the username password which I already have with me while purchse.
    In a nutshell, the username-password (that is given after license purchase), will be valid irrespective of OS reinstallations

I appologize if any thread related to my query exists, and request to send me the link(s) for that thread(s).

thanks in advance,
    Bhabani Sankar

2. kocak_gober

kocak_gober Registered Member

hello.

The username and password will be valid after reinstallation OS.:)

3. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Well, speaking for me, I have used my actual license with Vista Ultimate, 7 Ultimate 32bits and 7 Ultimate 64bits (once per installation on the same machine) and never had issues so I guess the license is valid for use no matter where it is installed or for how long, during the 1 year period that you have bought.

So I wouldn't worry. Smart Security will accept the username/password that was once given to you for the whole year every time you install it as long as you don't break the 3 licenses -meaning using it on more than 3 machines at the same time-.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.