Will Google Chrome have 10% market share by end of 2010?

Discussion in 'polls' started by acr1965, Sep 17, 2009.

?

Will Chrome have a 10% market share by the end of 2010?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    57.4%
  1. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

What question? I didn't ask one.

10% market share, i don't see it happening.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I don't see why people compare Chrome and FF. The main segment that will suffer from Chrome adoption is IE. As it shows in the last 6 months, both Chrome and FF are on the rise, which means they are both eating from the bigger cake, called IE.

Mrk

3. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I was implying a no, guessing i should of said it more directly.

If they can convince enough hardware manufacturers to box their hardware with Chrome, they may have a chance but as things are now and going by the adoption rate since launch then no.

I was excited when Chrome was released, i even built one of the most popular Chrome sites on the web but the more i used Chrome and started to write code for it the worse it looked.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It's faster than most, and safe. What more reason do people need?

5. progress

progress Guest

As I have already said: An adblocker! A browser without an adblocker is unacceptable nowadays :thumbd:

6. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Which is what many of us have been enjoying with Chrome for months. Just because it isn't natively supported in the browser itself, doesn't mean it can't be done.

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I've never ever used an ad blocker. No need, your brain just tunes out the non-essential stuff automatically anyhow. Who needs one?

There probably will be one when the plugin/extension system is implemented if you need it.

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It works very well with Ad Muncher (I know it is not free). I agree with Kerodo its speed is addictive for me. I think they might have a larger share when they launch their own light operating system for netbooks.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/introducing-google-chrome-os.html

9. progress

progress Guest

Try it if a big flash layer covers 75 % of the screen :gack:

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i use chrome (dev channel) as my primary browser now. right now actually im using chromeplus. it has everything i could want and can do ad blocking if you choose to add it.

chrome CAN do ad blocking. there are now add ons for it for that. no it doesnt have everything add on wise ff has but for me i found to many add ons just simply slowed down ff to much for my tastes. i like the speed and simplicity of chrome and unless ff makes a HUGE leap i will not be going back. i can honestly say i know a ton of people now converted to using chrome who have uninstalled ff. i do leave it installed but have not touched it in forever. with chromeplus i dont hardly even touch ie anymore either because it has the ietab to use and it works very well. i believe they will gain market share very fast as more add ons are worked out and they are always updating (dev builds) so i dont see this being to far away.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well, i don't know if it will get 10%
    But personally i LIKE Chrome, tested it since it launch date, never changed back :D

After i tried Chrome, will never change back :rolleyes:
    The good thing about firefox (that i really like) it's the download manager, it RULEEEEEEES :D

I never used Add ons/Extensions so i don't know what people talk about :p

12. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

once chrome extension support is officially launched, and my most important extensions are ported over or very similar ones are made, then i will DEFINITELY adopt Chrome or to be more specific ill adopt ChromePlus

13. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I wont move to chrome. FireFox does absolutely everything I need and the Addon's I have are ones I'm used to using. It works for me why change ?

14. sded

sded Registered Member

Chrome has a very useful feature for mobile users-the one process per tab architecture (AKA sandbox). I do a lot of mobile use of often (distant) poor signal quality wifi sites (from a boat). With something like Opera, if there is a glitch in the data link, the whole program goes into a "not responding" state until things get better. With Chrome, I just lose an individual tab and can go on reading and composing on tabs that are not currently downloading. I do like Chrome in general, but prefer Opera for my home browsing. And mobile users will not get it up to 10%. I think the partnership with Avast! and potentially others will help, though.

15. firzen771

btw quick question, are extensions officially supported yet?

16. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Today was a good day for Chrome users.

Attached Files:

17. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I guess it's time to finally try Chrome, lol. As far as 10% market share, just so I stay on topic here, I have to be honest and say I don't see it happening in 2010 or even 2011. I think 5% is its best bet unless Firefox for some explicable reason begins to drop off the radar or becomes a bloated mess (which of course with add-ons is entirely possible and can already be so).

18. firzen771

whats the web page for chrome extensions, i wanna just take a look at what they have

19. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Seems to be accessible only within Chrome?

20. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

21. firzen771

22. progress

progress Guest

Do the extensions only work with Google Chrome Beta? :rolleyes:

23. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Not if they are waiting for me to use it. Which isn't going to happen any time soon.

24. firzen771

25. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Search, mail, DNS, browser, OS, sure.. keep waiting. I use enough services from them, and i'll probably loose a few as time goes by.

But the herd does not think like this, specially when they don't get to read what i read, so for me it's anyone's guess what market share they'll get. I don't believe they can in that time frame, but it's possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.