Will all the security SW be running in Limited User Account?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Escalader, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

I have now installed and set up my friends MDG Pentium 4 PC with XP sp 3 and set up his internet connection.

To prevent him from deleting SW like FW's AV's etc I set myself up as the administrator with a PSW and set him up as a limited user.

As he has little cash, I've downloaded and installed under my administartion user account OA Free (Build 131 which is a FW and a HIPS), SAS FREE which is a ASW product with daily updates pluc CCleaner. I'm was going to install Avira AV with frequent updates and later spyblaster but Avira down loads yesterday produced corrupted files twice. I've dowloaded Avira onto my usb stick successfully and installed it okay on my test IBM PC.

My question is this however silly this may seem.

Will all the security SW be running when he is browsing www when on the limited account? This is a new situation for me agin, so I hope to learn from all this work!

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Avira runs fine under LUA, it should install as well if you select Run As and let it install under admin. The corrupt downloads could be some other reason and not LUA.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Most programs will run ok but some won't. The only way I've found to know for sure is to research every single one and check...

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Hardware monitoring, DVD/CD burning and some other programs like Mobysarus Thesarus will need admin rights which can be easily set with SuRun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.