Wildman

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rita, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Wildman
    How is your new eating plan coming along?I have decided I should try and lose a few pounds myself.It will be my first try :D What works?any suggestions would be welcome.I sure have alot of changes I'll have to make though,the thought scares me :D :D

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

How about workin' out everyday 2 hours at least, eating only bread with a small amount of jam if you prefer and not taking the weekly pizzas? Y'see I hardly eat, but I'm still slightly fat! Maybe its a genetic problem?

Sure hope you don't have the same result :)

Good luck and Best wishes on your diet plan.

Regards,
    Firecat

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

;) Good luck Rita, but remember, don't go too far :)

4. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D The wildman don't call it no diet, it's a modified eating plan. Simple, cut back on the portions, hit the tread mill for half an hour each working day.

As some of you know, the wildman is sight impaired. If I do not place my head in just the correct position, I am subject to having double and triple vision. Everything that can be done has been done, so I accommodate this condition. It was a royal pain to find a safe place and way of getting in any walking, but the tread mill(s) at our condo's club house has done the trick. Also the wildman was smart enough to have cleared all this with his doctor before he started. If this don't produce results, the doctor is going to look very funny with a tread mill sticking out of a orifice on his body. Lost eight pounds last month however. Will see again in April when I return for my next doctor's appointment.

Thank you all.

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :cool: *puppy*

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I think I'll just cut back to 2000 calories a day,which for me is nothing,since I eat probaly 6 to 8 thousand a day :D I dont need to lose much anyway.I really need to cut the candy out.Thanks for your good wishes!!

6. Firecat

You can deviate slightly from it I guess. Do not go beyond 2500 calories/day. Cut the candy out, no cakes please and no creamy food, that's what I'd recommend.

Again, good luck :)

Best Regards,
    Firecat

7. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

You will be successful because your not going on a diet,your changeing the way you eat.Thats really what I need to do,but for now I'll just try to keep my calorie intake down to 2000.It will really be hard for me!I love food!

8. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thanks--good recomendations :)

9. Firecat

WHO DOESN'T LOVE FOOD? ;) We all like to eat! ;)

My best wishes are with you, and sympathies also since its gonna be hard for you :)

10. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage19/13.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage19/13.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage19/13.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage19/13.gif
    YEAH!!!!! Wildman
    Great job!!!
    I'm soooo happy for you!!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/treadmill.gif
    Keep up the great work!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rita, the only advice I can give is.....
    try to keep yourself busy,
    that way you won't be sitt'in there thinking about food.
    http://img116.exs.cx/img116/934/z0tdntknw.gif

11. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi BB
    Trouble is I even think about food when I'm busy :D but your right--I think of it even more when I'm not :D

12. Jimbob1989

Remember Rita, my friend, if you want to loose a few pounds, make sure you don't over do it or you may make yourself ill and I for one wouldn't like that at all.

Jimbob

13. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Yeah Rita!! what's the prob!! Just exercise two hours a day and eat bread and a little jam!! No Problemo!!

Except that your body will think you are starving it and hang on to that excess with your very last breath!!

Twenty minutes every other day is usually enough if you are not eating hand over fist!! :eek:

I'll PM you some stuff tomorrow, if ya want!

Something to think about: No matter how physical your job is, your body gets used to that exercise really fast, so you STILL (BAH HumBug!) need to exercise some, every other day- going faster one day - doing different exercises keeps your body 'guessing' and it will start to work with you not against you.

Now that I have said all that, maybe I should go for a walk myself -

NAAAW!

Good for you Wildman, may you be our inspiration!! PLEASE!! :'(

Attached Files:

14. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Marja do pm me the stuff--need all the help I can get--I've already had my 2000 for the day-and I'm starved :D

15. Marja

One key is like BBoss said, 'Keep busy', another is

FIBER!!! A slice of bread with 1g of fiber is ludicrous! That is nothing!
    VEGGIES- lots of fiber
    FRUIT -some, it not always the best thing for losing weight, too much sugar, but it is better than eating tons of sugar..

You have to know your body, some people can eat carbs all day long, I can't! Noodles, bread, all that stuff .
    Up your protein, people usually don't get enough of it and your body starts to crave carbs just to 'run'.
    Make a smoothie with strawberries (or some kind of berry), yogurt, protein (soy or whey - whey not if you are lactose intolerant), ice and blend! Like a shake!

16. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Jimbob
    No I wouldnt go to far with it,just need to get rid of about 10 lbs.It's so hard--and this is only day one :D gonna try and tough it out though just to prove to myself that i can do it!

17. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

good tips marja
    I need to eat more fruit and veggies too.I'm kind of a meat and potatoes kind of person,which is very fattening I've read today.Also love the junk food and by the ton!I havent gained any weight for years, but when I quit smoking first time I gained and it's still there.Gained it all in the first month,then no more,and thats been lots of years ago,but I would like to be the weight I was back then :rolleyes: before quitting first time

18. Marja

Don't forget the jam for your bread!!

Attached Files:

19. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

lol lol--I certainly wont--maybe I could trick myself into believing it's pie :D

20. Jimbob1989

I think I read somewhere that smoking does not actually make you medically slimer. The logic is that if you have a cigarette in your mouth, you don't have food in your mouth.

Jimbob

21. Jimbob1989

Plus, to be honest some don't think women smoking is attractive. The girl I like at the moment smokes and I was not otherly put off by that fact as she is still a lovely person. I gues I would prefer it if she didn't, but I don't want to be the one who tells her I want her to stop :D

Jimbob

22. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) People do not like to diet, it is not something one relishes, therefore as I said I do not diet. Also when we think we are denied something we have a tendency to rebel, therefore I do not deny myself anything. The key thus far has been to cut back on the size of what I eat, and exercise. The most important thing to remember is that we must use moderation, and some people can go the other way also, that as we know is not healthy either.
    Also it is a necessity that one check with their medical provider before attempting anything in this area. Advice is good and well intentioned, but quiet frankly I would not take any advice my doctor did not o.k.

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :cool: :eek:

23. Jimbob1989

My parents diet but its not really that simple. In my opinion, my mom does not need to loose any more weight where as my dad does. My mum sometimes diets so that my dad will not be distracted by other foods but even when he is on a diet, he will sneak in the odd unhealthy food. I think the best tool to loosing weight is will power.

Jimbob

24. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

And also nicotine raises the metabolism

25. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

your right there Jimbob,a person has to decide thats what they want to do,also it takes time to get the right mind set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.