Wilders not working w/ Firefox.

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Wraith, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

That reminds me...
    DOS was originally [before Billy Gates bought it] called
    QDOS: Quick and Dirty Operating System
    [google it... it's fun!]

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

From someone who might know: Problem could be caused by the fact that if you open with multiple "Tabs", you've got too many connections going and either this site, or FireFox in particular, doesn't deal well with that here.

( <g> You know who you are!) Pete

3. ancientscout

ancientscout Guest

You know, this program(spyware blaster)seems to have a good reputation but i would not purchase this program due to the fact that i downloaed it from a major site and in months have only been able to receive one update. It continually errors when trying to connect. I use FireFox and every other program works great.
    There is nothing wrong with FF. We don't need to go there. Even a free version should be able to update like Spybot, AdAware, AVG or any other good free programs. Why doesn't this one have more frequent updates? It leads one to believe that only the ones that buy the program get the updates and, if that is not the case then it is a poor program that does not update itself for one or two months at a time..thats old news in the computer world of protection.
    It looked good, people said good things about this program but it just doesn't live up to it..
    Additionally, any software company that cannot be contacted easily at it's home page must have a reason why they cannot be contacted or they don't want to be bothered with people's complaints about their product.
    Nice try guys..really.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually ancientscout, this isn't a thread about SpywareBlaster, it's about this forum and whether people are able to use Firefox with it successfully. If you are having a problem with SpywareBlaster, this is the forum to start a new thread in:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

5. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

I just tried that and have before...no good. I'll give TOR a try, JAP is enormously slow.

6. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

No problems with Firefox and Wilders compatibility or for that matter with any other forum that I belong to. Check ur security settings. Set ur cookies at Default and then in Exceptions - add Wilders as "allow". Maybe that will help.

7. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Had heard that before somewhere else, makes you laugh :D

Jimbob

8. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

Wilders still doesn't work w/ Firefox unless I'm running either JAP or TOR then under those it works fine. Oh well, for Wilders I'll just use IE.

9. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

I am viewing Wilders with Firefox successfully for ages. It is not using any exotic IE-only tags or tricks. It simply must be an error in your settings.
    -hojtsy-

10. Oneothora

Oneothora Registered Member

I use FireFox and Wilders Forum is fine for me. :doubt: Don't know what could be wrong. Maybe looking on FireFox Central for missing plugins or such? Though I don't think forums require some kind of plugin.

I have a question of my own about FireFox, I don't know if it's the right place to post it, but anyway, here it explains how to check your ActiveX Security settings for higher security on IE, however, Like i stated above, I use FireFox, is there a security option thinger for ActiveX on FireFox aswell? :eek:

Thanks! Take care!

- Oneo

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

No. There is an extension out there that allows you to use activeX with Firefox.
    Otherwise, activeX is not available in Firefox.

Speaking for myself, that is a good thing. :)

12. PLeX?

PLeX? Registered Member

I have a similar but not exact senario but close enough to be interesting. I will probably give too much info in the hopes that something might be of use.

Where I work we have seperate internet connections:
    • Connection A - a T1 serving our website (WinSvr 2003) behind a MS ISA 2000 Ent firewall
    • Connection B - a cable modem also behind another MS ISA 2000 Ent firewall
    • Connection C - on a completely seperate network another cable modem connection connected to a D-Link DI-624 router.
    If I enable compression in IIS6 then I get a similar problem to the start of this thread when viewing our website from C, pretty much the raw html and not the page rendering like it should. Sometimes if I browse to another page and then back again, the page from our website will render but click to another page on our site and...html displayed again. Opposite from the thread starter though, the problem is with IE6...works fine using Firefox. If I view the pages from A, B, at home, at a friends, using dialup, or anywhere else, IE6 works fine. If I swap the modem at B and C, same problem. If I bypass the router and connect the modem at C directly to the computer, the problems is still present. Thinking it could be the computer at C...I tried the computer from C and connected it to B, finally, no more problems. So just to make sure I tried completely different computers (4 desktops and 3 laptops), and got same results.

So, the problem only exists when pages are viewed from one physical connection when the webserver is using compression regardless of the equipment. So I looked at the wiring. The cable connection on the outside of the building is split once, one connection goes to C and the other runs to another junction box further down on the building which is split again, one to B and the other to the next store. The signal strength is -8.0db at C and -9.3db at B. Both acceptable, but barely. I'd think if it were a signal strength issue I'd see the problem on B and not C.

I'm at a loss to explain this behavior, so for now I have compression turned off. So what I'm getting at is my problem seems to be related to the actual cable connection itself. Maybe the thread starters problems may be related to mine.

I'd love to hear from someone, especially in the cable industry, that might have an idea what's going on.

13. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

When I asked some friends what they thought about me using FireFox, one asked if I was anti-Microsoft :ninja: and and other said the only time I am realy going to need activeX is when on Microsoft or Adult sites.

Jimbob

14. Oneothora

Oneothora Registered Member

Har har har... Well Well Well, Jimbob. Shows how well your friends know you right? ;) You little dirty muffin. HAHA I'm kidding.

But I wouldn't say using FireFox is anti-Microsoft, I say it's anti evil crap that flows in through Microsoft. IE is just so popular that people bored with their lives and eatting pizza, will create evil things against IE and be able to filter through the little cracks that need patches and hit homeland in your computer. FireFox isn't all that world wide known yet, so those evil people at the moment are probably studying it's flaws and qualities before deciding they have nothing better to do that create something against it.

Just think LARGE, because thats how those people think, wether it's about pizza or how many people they want to effect, they'll pick the most populated pizza place.

(Not being Descriminating, Just comparing with metaphors, plus I have this thing against the creators of such nasty bugs, so I dont care thinking of them as Pizza eatting home slugs with no life.)

I should go hide now. They will start targetting me next... :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.