Wife locked out of her Google account

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by Luxeon, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I haven't read whole of the topic yet, but it sure is something to think about. So far I have never encountered problems with any of my important accounts like Gmail and Yahoo Mail, but then again I also never had to use password recovery. So I guess the leason to learn is to always make sure you have a back up of your passwords?

2. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

Yep. Key takeaways from me:
    1. Backup your passwords. It is also good to save and backup any false profile information that could be used during verification process. You must be extra cautious about your fake account compared to fully legitimate accounts!
    2. Recovery e-mail isn't really a thing for Google anymore. It won't let you recover your account alone. Maybe it gaves some points in a AI-powered, automated recovery process, but it just don't work for recovery purposes alone.

3. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

https://www.pcmag.com/news/not-even-google-employees-can-unlock-their-own-personal-gmail-accounts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.