Widestep Keyloggers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by gorgelink, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

UnHackMe 2.5 beta detects and successfully removes Elite Keylogger.
    Direct download:
    http://greatis.com/unhackme250b.exe
    Removing of EK is not simple.
    After restarting of computer you will get BSOD because the driver is out.
    After restart Windows will boot as well.

Best wishes,
    Dmitry Sokolov

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Great job as usual Dmtry :)

Thanks,

Chris

3. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

From a fellow member at another board:

4. Chris12923

Hmm maybe if he doesn't already he should write a program that does this as quick and easy as UnHackMe does. Or maybe it's not as easy as he makes it sound.

Thanks,

Chris

5. lynchknot

His reply

6. Chris12923

So all users should just install it and then uninstall it just in case it may be installed on their system? I can just see novice computer users installing and uninstalling keyloggers just to make sure they don't have one installed currently. I have not tried to see if this really works but assuming it does it really should not be advised for novice users. Kudos to him for finding an alternative way though.

Thanks,

Chris

7. lynchknot

I don't think you understand. He says, "STM and RKR also detect it as shown previously but you need to know what you are looking at"

If you ran that batch file and nothing happens then obviously you don't have it (assuming the name was not changed). If you do have it then it will uninstall that keylogger. It is not protected by password.

If the name was changed he says you can find it with Security Task Manager but you have to know what to look for.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  8. Chris12923

Please look at my posts in this thread.

OK what I have been saying the whole time is that it is not as easy as what he said. Novice usuers probably will not know how to use these tools. His method is not quick and easy as he even states.

I said Kudos for another way. But my posts have been about an easy method like UnHackMe.

Thanks,

Chris

9. lynchknot

It's easy for him as he knows what to look for. I'm sure he did not have "novice" users in mind. That is why he said, "you need to know what you are looking at" - once you know, then it's easy.

10. Chris12923

Well to reiterate Updated version of UnHackMe is very easy for novice or advanced users to get rid of Elite Keylogger wheather user knows it's there or not. Hopefully that clears it up.

Thanks for the info Lynchknot,

Chris

11. lynchknot

OK. Well, I'm just relaying info that might interest some. What he is saying is it's not as difficult as Dmitry claims it is. His original reply was to his post, not yours. Sure, Unhackme is great and easy to use. I'm using it myself at the moment. Thank you Dmitry for a great product!

**edit. however Dmitry I must ask - I'm receiving an error: "Cannot create shell notification" - not sure that's word for word but something to that effect.**edit - the answer may be here. I will read: http://greatissoftware.com/forums/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=95

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.