Why "tripod" cookie is not added to SB block list?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Macstorm, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Hi,
    I know that cookies are not considered a severe threat but I wonder why the 'tripod' cookie is not included in the SpywareBlaster's BlockList on InternetExplorer. Ad-aware always detect it..
    Why SB just ignore this cookie?

Thanks

2. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Suggestion:

While javacool or whomever is evaluating the pros and cons of adding "tripod.com" to Internet Explorer's "Always block" list, you could do it and prevent the storing of the "tripod.com" cookie.

To prevent the storing of the "tripod.com" cookie add it to Internet Explorer's "Always block" list as follows:
    • Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet options… > Privacy tab > in the "Settings" section click "Sites…" (see Note #1 below) > on the "Per Site Privacy Actions" screen under "Address of Web site" type "tripod.com" (without the quotes) > click the "Block" button. Back out by doing OK > OK.
    • Note #1: If I remember correctly on older versions of Internet Explorer (pre XP SP2) to get to the "Per Site Privacy Actions" screen from the Privacy tab you have to click on the "Edit" button in the "Web Sites" section near the bottom.

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thanks for your suggestions!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.