Why so S L O W to create an image???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RonRoyer, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonRoyer

RonRoyer Guest

I just downloaded True Image 8 I have the latest build. I have a SATA drive with only about 19 gig out of 200 used. I am trying to make an image to my Plextor DVD. I formatted the DVD. Using Windows and it started out with 30 minutes, now 2 hours later! it is saying it is going to take 5 hours. I suspect 5 hours from now it will say about 3 days. Did I make a mistake in purchasing this product? I have a brand new system. I gig Memory, Athllon 64, 1.8 Ghz, etc. I am pretty fed up with this so I would like some answers as to why this is taking so long.

thanks,
    Ron

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Ron

Please don't twice on the same subject. Let's stick with your original post here.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The image creation time depends on many factors such as system performance, DVD burner speed, size of the image, type of data you are imaging, etc. You may try to store the image on hard drive to speed up the process because the write speed onto DVD is always lower than on hard drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.