why nod32 is not certified for cleaning viruses at icsa labs?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ashishtx, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

Nod32 is very good antivirus. It has icsa labs certification for detecting viruses but still it is not certified at icsa labs for cleaning viruses:rolleyes: . Does anbody know why? I found that even microsoft onecare seems to have the certification for both detecting and cleaning viruses. I am not to concerned about this as long as most of the members of this forum recommend this antivirus. I just want to know the fact.
    please correct me if i am wrong.

2. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Afaik it is only needed to clean ~20 old viruses to get that certification (together with detecting old samples listed on wildlist, with possibilty to get retested to pass it). I think some companies do not have all certifications (or does not submit their products at all to them [e.g. F-Prot] because getting a certification costs much money and is mainly a marketing thing. but this is only my opinion, i do not know if i am right and if what i say is true :p. Others may know it better and tell what you want to hear. ;)
    EDIT: sorry my mistake, i referenced to WCL CheckMark, NOT ICSA!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  3. covaro

covaro Registered Member

As far as I can see it looks like it has never been tested for Cleaning. If you look at the last test for cleaning (June 2005) NOD32 isn't even in the list as being tested. I went back into 2004 before giving up, so I would have to think that NOD32 has just never been tested under the cleaning category.

-Cov

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, I think you're right. :D
    I believe is not a problem for NOD to get that certification, it's just a matter of money...

5. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.