Why no NAV rating?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ashak, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashak

Ashak Registered Member

Looking at the Wilder's assessment's of various AV software products, it's quite striking that NAV doesn't feature anywhere. Personally I had problems un-installing the NAV 2000 software which put me off pretty comprehensively, and although i don't doubt that the programme is a quality product, I just don't trust it with my WIN2K system. Last I heard it was pretty much XP specific.

Even so, I think it should be rated on your site as a leading player in AV software. Good or bad, as a leading player in the market it should be evaluated.

Regards
    Ashak

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

I agree.

NAV's a good product, and probably the most popular antivirus world wide.
    It also continues to do pretty well in the VirusBulletin tests.

Like everything else it has its flaws, but I really think It should be featured in the Wilders.org antivirus section.

Hope you guys will get around to giving it a whirl sometime soon.

I'd be interested to hear your valued opinion.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ashak,

Fully agreed - it's on our "to do list" (as many other security software is..). We non profit guys do have limited time; have to earn a living as well. Hope you understand ;).

regards.

paul

4. Ashak

Ashak Registered Member

I understand Paul. I just think that as NAV has become such a prominent AV worldwide, it makes sense to evaluate it so people can make up their minds as to whether it is a product worth investing in or not.

CNET have pushed it quite forcefully to the point where many people have come to the conclusion that they are on Symantec's payroll. But on the plus side, they do also publish User Opinions which are quite useful on making a decision on any products and are sometimes very critical of CNET themselves (they certainly didn't agree with CNET's high rating of NAV!).

I realise you guys have limited time on your hands, but the only reason people ask for your opinions on these matters is because they value them! We like to hear from people who know what they are talking about rather than the "market sell"

Look forward to your reviews in the future, and keep up the good work!

Regards
    Ashak

5. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I agree! That is the only part of CNET's evaluation that I would put any kind of stock in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.