Why my ScrapBook Plus couldn't capture images?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was wondering why everytime I capture the whole website everything was in it except images or pictures on the site. The image/s part is always blank or a rectangular white blank spaces only.

In the past, everything was okay and images are captured together with everything but this thing changed its habit.

Is there anything I can do so that it can captures everything including images/pictures?

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

What Firefox version are you using?

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I'm using the latest Firefox, v20.0.1. :cool: ...and also the ScrapBook Plus addon are updated, always.

Actually, the images/pictures are present when I'm online (actively surfing) but when I'm offline or not connected they're blank...:eek: ...as in a blank rectangular space. No images whatever. :doubt:

Are yours... images are present...I mean..even if you're offline? o_O

4. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I use Scrapbook.

I installed and played around with Scrapbook Plus in another profile, seems that I have similar problems when using that extension. I does not appear to be download much of anything, whereas in Scrapbook I can see it is definitely saving the web page

No such problems with Scrapbook, aside from some video clips, pictures all load up fine off-line or on-line.

Any particular reason your are using Scrapbook Plus, are there advantages?

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Scrapbook Plus has issues with the latest Firefox, i believe the author isn't really trying to keep up ATM.

He's working on a new 2.0 version and in the mean time only the ESR version is supported.

@chrisretusn, a while back (year, 2, idk) SB was stagnant, and SB+ author forked after not receiving reply for suggested improvements, patches etc. You can read his reasoning in the mozillazine's thread.

I tried it and hesitated to 'migrate', but in the end it did fix common annoyances.

Nowadays idk how SB is, how often it's updated, so i can't compare them.

6. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

@Pedro, thanks. I remember having a "falling out" with Scrapbook back around that point. In fact I dropped it for a while, then brought it back. I've not spent a lot of time with the Plus version. Scrapbook last updated December 28, 2012

I did review that thread, it answered any questions I had. I will probably give that new version a shot when it come out. Right now Scrapbook is good enough, especially since I am with Fx 20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.