Why is Registration such a problem?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jdchio, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdchio

jdchio Registered Member

I purhcased 5 new copies of Eset's Nod32 AV from newegg.com about 6 months ago when I was in the states. Now I am at home here in the Philippines and Eset will not register any of them, yet they claim to be global. I have tried reaching tech support but they dont even return my emails. My brother is lawyer in the states and he says I have a good case for interstate fraud and credit card fraud and he is chomping at the bit to get started. I have a different view of things and will exhaust all other avenues before releasing the hounds. I just dont understand why a company that makes a really good product has the worst registration process and such lousy tech support.

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Not really sure what kind of registration you mean? The licenses (username + password) do not let you download updates, or... ? o_O

3. jdchio

jdchio Registered Member

registering the av for username and password: ie, activation!

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

I still don't understand what kind of activation... All you need to do is this:

Attached Files:

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm not sure about the policy the US dep. has for international sales, at least selling outside the US is prohibited. Customer care is provided by the distributor/reseller you purchased your license from so I'd suggest you contact them directly to sort this out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.