Why is it so difficult to find who designed/sells FD-ISR?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Every time I'm tempted to purchase, I end up with dead ends and have to ask you folks for help finding it. Also, I just went to the EAZ-FIX web site and it looks really easy to use, but then again not really straight forward on how to purchase and the cost. Which one of their products replicates FS-ISR? I'm sure the pro does but what about the other two, Baseline Shield and Easy Image? Are the other two just image softwares like Norton Ghost? I'm just a home user who wants something besides XP's restore, which by the way usually works pretty well for me. Thank You!

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Baseline Shield is a simple boot-to-restore solution. Freeware "Returnil" is much better.
    FS-ISR doesn't exist, if it is a clone of FD-ISR than Eaz-Fix Professional is closer to FD-ISR.
    Don't buy Eaz-Fix Professional too quickly, test it first during the trial.

Easy Image = Image Backup software, like ShadowProtect, Acronis True Image, ...
    Eaz-Fix Professional = Immediate System Recovery software, like FD-ISR with multiple snapshots
    Baseline Shield = Immediate System Recovery software, like Returnil, PowerShadow, DeepFreeze, ShadowDefender, ... but without multiple snapshots.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Boy what a hard pill to swallow now that Leapfrog made the proverbial leap :D to pass rights over to *puppy* hds.

At least when they were separate entities although i wasn't exactly bowled over like many in favor of HDS products, namely RollbackRX because of it's less-then-par results compared to claims, but to coin a simple analogy it's as an entire floor has totally collapsed with 2 ISR makers.

I would highly support Erik's recommendations of Returnil, Shadow Defender, and if you can find it again Power Shadow, i use version 2.6 but it's chinese and we all know how simple it is to entertain some discussion let alone support from some of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.