why i can't download Smart Security 4?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rustam, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustam

rustam Registered Member

Hi all,
    We use Antivirus (AV) Business Edition v.3 and have licenses for update signature database. Everything is ok.
    But now i decided to change my AV's version and model to ESET Smart Security version 4.0.474.
    first i would like to download this version but i couldnt. I just could download ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 but not ESET Smart Security 4. Should i buy new special license for Smart Security or ?

Regards,
    Rustam

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Smart Security is a separate license. Whilst you can use a Smart Security license to "downgrade" to the Anti Virus you can't use the anti virus license to upgrade to Smart Security.

You need a new license for Smart Security.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello rustam,

PaulB2005 is correct. NOD32 Antivirus and Smart Security have two separate licenses. If you have a NOD32 license you can download any version of NOD32. Since the Smart Security product includes a firewall and spam filter with our antivirus, the license costs more than the NOD32 license. Customers who have purchased a Smart security license can use that license for any version of Smart Security or any version of NOD32.

Thank you,
    Richard

4. rustam

rustam Registered Member

Thank you, PaulB2005 and Richard.
    I got and now i know different between them. So i can download any version of AV with my AV license but for Smart Security(SS) version i need to have license for SS. if i will have license for SS so i can download all version of AV and SS.
    Thanks for both of you that explained me too clear.

regards and thank you,
    Rustam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.