Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by spy1, Jan 7, 2004.
Tried updating this morning and here's what I got. Pete
Which server did it use?
My update was OK (as far as I know) from
Have you tried downloading manually?
Yes, jan - I finally wound up updating manually - but not before I closed and re-opened TDS and watched it "Alarm" on every single running process I had.
The one it updated off of was the very first one in the latest update.cfg -
Hmm, I updated both XP & server 2003 today and on both occasions from fractus. Reloaded TDS3 and scanned a few file with no problems, so I am not sure what happened:
A screanie after reload and a right click folder scan:
Hmm Pete, remember you had more strange updates not too long ago with "downgrading" or not the whole database read into TDS. Can you see in the TDS directory if the current radius file is a little bit bigger than the former radius.bak file there?
1.16 MB (1.217.786 bytes) or 1.190kB
is the size on my system for today's update.
Not sure how you solved it former times or if indeed a mirror has problems?
Think i updated here http://radius.turvamies.com/radius.td3 without problems today.
You might like to grab a new update.cfg and make sure the first server is not the one you used today, to see if that helps.
Might have found part of the problem, I'm not sure.
For some reason, TDS's "Update.exe" was in the "Partially allowed applications" section of OutPost Pro, instead of in "Trusted applications".
While I don't remember putting it there (which doesn't really mean anything! ), OP has been known to shift things around by itself - especially after an OS crash/lockup.
I'll see if that fixes the problem tomorrow
I did go ahead and move that particular server to the bottom of the list, also. Thanks everyone. Pete
Really hope this find solves it all for you!
Well, the Friday automatic check for updates worked right (it updated correctly). Guess I'll just take it a day-at-a-time. Pete
Separate names with a comma.