Why doesn't NOD32 catch this stuff?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by redfive, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfive

redfive Registered Member

This has been around for over a year and a half where there's rogue antivirus programs sitting active in the tray and NOD32 sits there pleased as punch.

You run SuperAntiSpyware and it goes off on these programs. :oops:

May I post a link to the same screenshot? ~no, if a Moderator has removed an attachment, please don't put it back with a link to the same image. Please review our Policy regarding scan results and follow the instructions posted below. - snapdragin

Edit:
    Posting screenshots / scan results from online scanners is not permitted at Wilders'. If you have a suspicious file that was not detected by EAV/ESS, encrypt it with WinRAR/ZIP, protect the archive with the password "infected" and send it to samples[at]eset.com. We will appreciate if you enclosed a log from ESET SysInspector as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  2. Jules31

Jules31 Registered Member

Well, I saw the header for this post and thought I would add my question.
    ESET NOD 32 is suppoesd to deal to spyware. So why can you do a Spybot scan after a clean result for a nod scan, and catch x46 spywareso_O
    The spyware in question was causing 50-100% processor usage.
    I also had occasion to have to remove WinAntivirus Pro (malware) from a computer. NOD caught some of it, but for a complete uninstall I needed to manually remove some items, and Spybot the rest. (the person had paid for and downloaded the whole suite!!!! Urghhh....)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have a suspicious file that was not detected by EAV/ESS, encrypt it with WinRAR/ZIP, protect the archive with the password "infected" and send it to samples[at]eset.com. We will appreciate if you enclosed a log from ESET SysInspector as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.