Why doesn't Kaspersky Internet security 6 detect virus through p2p apps??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kumarprabhatn, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kumarprabhatn

kumarprabhatn Registered Member

Hi there.. I m using a trial version of the new Kaspersky Internet Security 6 released on 15th May 2006.. I use too many p2p apps.. To my surprise, it didn't detect any virus through p2p apps like limewire :eek: !! I have set all security priority as high.. But still it misses.. Infact the surprising fact is, in the file antivirus events, iChecker has scanned the file while downloading but was not detected as virus.. Manual scan detects the file as virus.. Can anybody give the reason why o_O ? I also need a link for a .cfg file of the configuration so that i can load them, if my configuration is faulty.. Pls help !! Thanks :)

2. .....

..... Registered Member

Where they in archives? Or compressed in any way? If so the File AV will detect them once they've been unpacked. You can enable checking of archives/ installation packages in the options.

3. kumarprabhatn

kumarprabhatn Registered Member

I tried enabling scan archives.. But still it doesn't detect.. Anyone knows why??

4. gersh247

gersh247 Registered Member

Maybe try re-insalling Kaspersky. I have AVG free, Kaspersky, Zone Alarm. My stepdaugher insalled Limewire, a week later I couldn't access the internet as my BT Internet password was invalid. Luckily Spybot Search and Destroy rectified it and I'm now back on line. Needless to say Limewire is no more. I don't care what anyone says, P2P will never be safe.

5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Actually, you are back online because BT engineers have repaired the Broadband system failure that affected the whole country yesterday fror several hours!

So if you failed to connect yesterday, and received the message "Access denied, username invalid on the domain", that was the reason why!

6. wir.sing

wir.sing Registered Member

what file type was the file during the download? if its some special compressed/packed filetyped that only gets "extracted" once the download is done, maybe kis just doesn support that special packer

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what time was this?

I use bt but I wasnt on the pc at that time

lodore

8. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I wasn't able to connect yesterday late afternoon or evening, so I telephoned BT and was told the whole system was down! Whether it affected everyone I don't know but it seems to have been pretty major.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.