why doesn't it work?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by birdzilla, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdzilla

birdzilla Registered Member

It appears to be useless. I have clicked on the "protect against checked whatever" and the "success" button pops up, but the list never changes, I could click all day. What am I missing? Things still add themselves to my favorites at will. o_O

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Make sure you have pressed the Select All button, and then the "Protect" button.

Any red items should turn black, and all items should have a checkmark next to them (after the "Success!" message is displayed). You will continue to see all of the items in the list - this is in case you wish to remove the protection at some point.

SpywareBlaster is first and foremost for preventing the installation of spyware. In many cases it can disable the spyware once it is installed, but I highly recommend you do a scan with Spybot S & D or Ad-Aware (both free) to make sure your system is clean. After you've cleaned out any spyware, SpywareBlaster will help you keep your system clean. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. If you could mention what gets added to your favorites, it would be useful. TIA.

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

You could be infected by lop.com
    If you would like me to check, please go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/, and download 'Hijack This!'.
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log as a .txt file, and copy and paste its contents into your next post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless, so do not fix anything yet.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.