Why doesn't ATI Home support Dynamic partitions?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by komugi, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. komugi

komugi Registered Member

Curious as this seems to be more of an artificial limitation than a technical one.

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

Only latest versions of "pro" versions support dynamic partitions, until a couple of months it was the same...

Dynamic partitions are... o_O

Not sure it is political though ;)

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

True image supports disks with one or several partitions. It does not support dynamic disks because they do not have convential fixed partitions.
    I would guess that the limitation is structural rather artificial.

Xpilot

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

My guess is they haven't gotten to it yet and I suppose the market might not be sufficient to warrant the resources so it's not high on their list. Lots of folks use other means of doing this or that of what "dynamic" disks do.

5. wizard_chef

wizard_chef Registered Member

I am using a dynamic disk to backup my data. I get the warning about not being able to restore using the emergency boot disk. That seems OK, since if I can get the system back in case of a crash, I can still manually access the data backup, right? Or wrong ...

Problem I'm having is, after backing up a c: image on a different fixed partition, non-dynamic drive and doing the data backup on the dynamic drive, when I go into disk management, Acronis TI doesn't see EITHER backup! But, they are clearly there. What's going on hereo_O?

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Only the Echo versions can do and see Dynamic Disks correctly. I don't think I'd want to try restoring any image and expect it to be correctly placed on a replacement drive.

Colin

7. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

the Acronis ® True Image Echo Workstation is supporting dynamic disks? As far as I know only "Echo Server" versions are supporting dynamic disks?

I dont quite understand why this feature is disabled in some versions... - Acronis? Why is it?

8. wizard_chef

wizard_chef Registered Member

Doesn't matter for me anymore. I have abandoned my trial version of TrueImage and removed it from my drive. I'll find another solution to backup.

9. SHSH

SHSH Registered Member

Norton Ghost *does* actually support dynamic disks. Acronis, go ahead.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.