Why does this occur sometimes?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by nadirah, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I've been getting this stupid error quite a few times already. Is vBulletin or the server suffering from a bug?

Here's the error:
    Welcome to
    wilderssecurity.com

There has been a temporary access error, please wait a
    few seconds and click the wilderssecurity.com link above.

Email webmaster if this error doesn't resolve itself.

Thank you,
    The Wilder's team

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi nadirah, ;)

It's just the Wilders' polite version of a 404 error (access error). LWM, I'm sure will provide a much better answer. ;)

dog - *puppy*

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Ah, don't be so sure about that dog. ;)

That is our kinder and gentler version of the Apache Forbidden access error (actually, that's the 403 error, dog ;) ). The error page itself is located here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/403.shtml

Now, it does occur from time to time for most of us. It usually is associated with too many simultaneous accesses to the webserver, which is tuned rather aggressively here. I get it rarely, and usually only when I'm directly linking from the main index page to the "last post" link on a thread (direct link to the 'last reply' or 'first unread' in a thread). When it happens you need to pause, and then just go back to an index page, such as the main index and try again. Or go into the subforum in question first, and then link into the thread. The settings involved in this are also related to flood protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.