Why does Paragon takes to long?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheMozart, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Ok, I will try Paragon again and report back :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Ok, I will try Paragon again and let you know if it works. Back later to report.

I wish I could create a WinPE rescue CD :(

3. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Paragon Linux enviroment (normal mode) never worked on my pcs.
    I always use the Dos enviroment "safe mode" for restoring, but only when my OS is unbootable. Normally, I start the restore process from the windows enviroment.

Panagiotis

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

UPDATE: I followed the instructions by Baserk, and loaded Paragon and then turned on my USB Hard drive, but Paragon FAILS to detect it. I did exactly what Baserk recommended, yet the USB Hard Drive won't show up. Even when I went back to main menu etc, and selected backup or restore, the USB hard drive won't show.

Acronis Trueimage shows my USB hard drive, so why does Paragon fail to do so?

And if I turn on the USB hard drive before I load Paragon, then Paragon refuses to load and gives an I/O ERROR message.

Removed Paragon again, and won't try it again :thumbd:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i am one one those who will also not use paragon. and yes its very slow for me as well.

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Same here. Paragon couldn't even allow me to use my USB hard drive, that makes Paragon a big thumbs down :thumbd:

Won't be using Paragon again.

7. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Whether installed or running from the Linux-based recovery disc, I've never experienced any version of Paragon B&R that I've used being unable to detect a USB hard drive in Windows 2000 SP-4, XP Pro, Home, & MCE (all with SP-2 and 3), Server 2003 and 2008, and Windows 7 with or without SP-1.
    Currently, my external HDDs are in two Sans Digital TR4U USB 2.0 enclosures and all discs and partitions are recognized using the normal mode. On one occasion I also tried the safe mode and again, all HDDs were recognized.

I have never attempted backup or recovery from a USB flash drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.