why does Java

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TxRed, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxRed

TxRed Registered Member

looking for another program instead of Java

looking for another program that can work on sites that normally use Java,but without the Java LOAD TIME,which time seems to takes forever to load,IF at all or else it times out
    eliminate the Java load time!

do not want Mirc because it requires/requeststo become my server,

2. L815

L815 Guest

EDIT:

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for an alternative to Java, which can be used in its place?

I'm not sure if there is one on Windows.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

You'll likely get a working response as soon as telling us a little about your setup. Things like operating system, processor speed, available memory, browser, and an example site page would all make fine starting points. Programs like SIW or WinAudit offer FREE, easy hardware retrieval. Download, extract, run. They needn't be installed to operate.

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwsysteminfo.html

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Is your Java fully up to date? Recent versions of Java run a full time service called JQS.EXE (Java Quick Starter.) It sole purpose is to accelerate the loading time for Java on a user's PC.

I have never had Java fail to start on any PC since Windows 2000 and later (I did sometimes have issues with Win 95, 98 and ME.) If you are running a recent version of Windows and Java does not start, you may want to consider that you have either a software conflict with Java or that your Windows installation is not as healthy as you may believe it is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.