Why does Iobit ASC uninstall do this?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I just booted up my laptop and realized I had Iobit's Advance System Care installed. Deciding to uninstall ASC I was prompted with some odd pop ups from Online Armor which I took screenshots of. For some reason ASC uninstaller wanted to get a list of files associated with SuperAntiSpyware and Online Armor (a path to those programs and what looks like a wildcard value?). ASC also ran some temp program(?) to get a list of files associated with SAS. These pop ups were per Online Armor Premium. FWIW- I also had previously ran an update of the free version of Malwarebytes but there was no call for a list of programs associated with MBAM. I had no antivirus or other security programs installed at the time. Here are the pics-

Attached Files:

2. XPS743

XPS743 Registered Member

And you really trust IObit after all the things they did. I will never trust another IObit program ever.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

me too:D no way:thumbd:

4. acr1965

That's why ASC was being uninstalled. Just kinda odd behavior from ASC duiring the procedure.

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Unless those programs were modified (updated) while you had ASC installed.
    Could that have something to do with an uninstaller tool in ASC? I don't remember for sure, but I think ASC has an Uninstaller for uninstalling other programs.
    Just a thought.

6. acr1965

The timeline was installing OA and the next day uninstalling ASC. And ASC was not run in the mean time.

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I have encountered a similar occasion whereby

App A is seeking a permission to have App B's files to be transmitted to A's home.
    If my recollection serves me right.... App A is Counter Spy, whereas App B is A2squared.

I have since had these two uninstalled.

A common practice among some selected apps, perhaps ?

8. acr1965

The temp file specifically for SAS was a bit concerning. I believe I had two pop up alerts from OA for an ASC temp file and only got a screen shot of one. So I don't know if there were two separate temp files or just one making two calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.