Why does AVG keep giving me Gaellicum A Warnings?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Principessa99, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Principessa99

Principessa99 Registered Member

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.

A few days ago, I opened my folder on my desktop (Windows XP). My free AVG program gave me a warning that some files were infected with AVG Gaellicum A, including a limewire.exe, an msn messenger.exe, and, I think, an AVG file.

At first, I downloaded the Vcleaner from Grisoft, put the computer in safe mode, and ran the program. I didn't get any Gaellicum A notification, but I believe it found two worms(!) called I-Stration or something like that (it happened so quickly).

However, when I went back into the desktop folder, I got the same message. I quaratined the item and then surfed on-line for ideas. I found Black Spears advice for cleaning up General Virus and Trojan removal and followed the instructions - except I only did it one time, rather than three.

Today when I logged on to my folder, I got a warning from AVG that every program I downloaded yesterday (e.g. Spybot, CWshredder, etc) was infected with Gaellicum A. I wondered if the AVG program was corrupted in some way, so I uninstalled it, dowloaded the program again, and again tried to enter this folder. However, I'm still getting the warning message. I quarantined all the items.

So here I am. Any ideas?

Thanks! :blink:

2. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I'm no expert, but I would download Ccleaner and clean whatever I could out. Then get the free Dr Web scanner and clean house with that, if it's still there, trial out Kaspersky Anti-Virus and work with that. Get AVG antispyware along the way, I hope some of what I said helps.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you can get the drweb cure it from my sig.
    you can install kav 6.0 run a scan clean what it finds.
    then you could uninstall kav6.0 and install nod32 and do a scan and clean on blackspear settings.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.