Why does AVG keep giving me Gaellicum A Warnings?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Principessa99, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Principessa99

Principessa99 Registered Member

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.

A few days ago, I opened my folder on my desktop (Windows XP). My free AVG program gave me a warning that some files were infected with AVG Gaellicum A, including a limewire.exe, an msn messenger.exe, and, I think, an AVG file.

At first, I downloaded the Vcleaner from Grisoft, put the computer in safe mode, and ran the program. I didn't get any Gaellicum A notification, but I believe it found two worms(!) called I-Stration or something like that (it happened so quickly).

However, when I went back into the desktop folder, I got the same message. I quaratined the item and then surfed on-line for ideas. I found Black Spears advice for cleaning up General Virus and Trojan removal and followed the instructions - except I only did it one time, rather than three.

Today when I logged on to my folder, I got a warning from AVG that every program I downloaded yesterday (e.g. Spybot, CWshredder, etc) was infected with Gaellicum A. I wondered if the AVG program was corrupted in some way, so I uninstalled it, dowloaded the program again, and again tried to enter this folder. However, I'm still getting the warning message. I quarantined all the items.

So here I am. Any ideas?

Thanks! :blink:

2. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I'm no expert, but I would download Ccleaner and clean whatever I could out. Then get the free Dr Web scanner and clean house with that, if it's still there, trial out Kaspersky Anti-Virus and work with that. Get AVG antispyware along the way, I hope some of what I said helps.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you can get the drweb cure it from my sig.
    you can install kav 6.0 run a scan clean what it finds.
    then you could uninstall kav6.0 and install nod32 and do a scan and clean on blackspear settings.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.