Why do these messages pop up when my friend uses Firefox?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

These messages pop up every time she opens Firefox and its always the same version. She hits update then it tells her it will be removed but it seems to not do it. Why would it be doing this?

Attached Files:

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

3. cheater87

Do we uninstall all of them or just that one?

4. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

When I go to add-ons and when I'm in the extension section, I see a lot of versions of Java Console(as you can see in the photo attached)..Which version/versions am I supposed to uninstall?
    And I also see where it says "Java Quick Starter (1.0) can I still keep that? Java Quick Starter is not related, it's different thing?

And even if i uninstall the Java Console, would that affect anything relating to Ad Block or is it safe?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. MrBrian

Uninstall all of the Java Console add-ons. I don't see it in my list of add-ons, although I have Java installed.

Java Quick Starter is different from Java Console. I disabled it but didn't uninstall it.

6. cheater87

She wants to know if it will mess up Adblock Plus if she uninstalls the plug ins. I don't think it will, will it?

7. MrBrian

I don't see why it would. I have Adblock Plus also and I don't even have Java Console installed.

8. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It has nothing to do with ABP. While shes at it have her update Avast.

9. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Java Console extension can be safely uninstalled, it won't hurt anything.

When you update Java, it likes to add this extension to Firefox. The version number corresponds to the version of Java it's associated with. If you have more than one version of Java you'll have a Java Console extension for each one unless you keep them uninstalled. At the present the newest version of Java is 6.0.18 so 6.0.02 is quite old.

When you update Java, Windows keeps the old versions but you don't necessarily have to save them, you can uninstall them. I never keep any old versions of Java and have never had a problem. However, there is the remote possibility that a program won't work right if it's designed to run with an older version of Java, but as I said, I've never encountered this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.