Why do people recommend MBAM over SAS?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by berryracer, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

What the heck is HMP? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

thanks for this ,replaced sas with hitman pro since yesterday aka just kept hitman and removed sas ;)

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Hitmanpro;)
    u can delete tracking cookies for free with HMP
    like this

Attached Files:

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Why do people recommend MBAM over SAS?

Answer: because most people have NO IDEA if MBAM is better than SAS or not, but they say MBAM is better than SAS because many others have told them that it's better so they just echo and parrot what they been told :gack:

5. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Since this is Wilders where we are happy obsessively studying anti-malware tests, you must have simply forgotten to end your sentence with "present company excepted" when saying most people have no idea.

6. happyyarou666

damn so i guess sas is that bad then ey? xD , well ill keep it on my usb toolkit just for fun thou xD

7. m0use0ver

m0use0ver Registered Member

Of course and surely if something was all *hype* and no substance then it would soon be exposed as just that right ?

Sorry but cream always ends up on top;)

If SAS was even remotely close to MBAM then you would see a split like there once was between Adaware and Spybot.

No contest...the best one is tool of choice at most respected malware removal forums purely because it has a higher sucess rate at removing malware infections :)

No need for parrots just words of mouth sharing experiences:thumb:

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i took both and malware test them in real time with real nasty malware and mbam pro passed my test with fying colors but with sas pro it was a huge disapointment and it was like 50 new malware(1 day old)anyway it takes 1 to do a damage anyway just get layer:thumb:

9. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

SAS is a Cookie Monster... even though if i run Emsisoft immediately after SAS, Emsisoft still detects tracking cookies (or maybe SAS really need to reboot to remove the detected cookies?:blink: ). A very nice scanner to help remove spyware, IMO, is Spybot: frequently detects lots of registry entries (especially related to toolbars) that other scanners miss :thumb:

10. happyyarou666

spybot another one for my inventory , thanks , and yeah i guess SAS is becoming more an more unworthy of being in my inventory at all , been fun while it lastet SAS , but time to go ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  11. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

There's a portable version if you're interested :thumb: -http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Antivirus---Antispyware/Spybot-Search-Destroy-Portable.shtml

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

no offense but, one sentence would have answered the OP orginal question. "Detection, or lack of." You fill in the blanks.

13. happyyarou666

+1 xD

p.s: that portable version is nice for my usb tool kit thanks alexc , always prefer portable versions, hell if i could id make all my apps portable thus one of my fav sites being portableapps.com ;), btw had a typo on my last post i meant of course SAS not spybot , but its already been corrected , sometimes i type faster than i think wich is a good and bad thing depending on the situation ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  14. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Did you know that Polly the parrot could also read test results.;) :p

15. david banner

david banner Registered Member

is tee a link to this

what is wrong with cnet?

16. The Hammer

Possible adware in the CNet installer apparently.

17. david banner

david banner Registered Member

I have no ads but not sure got from cnet. Don't cnet guarantee ad/spy free?

18. The Hammer

I cannot answer that, as I rarely download from CNet or third party sites. I prefer to download from the software maker directly whenever possible. Mostly to make sure I have the latest version. There is a thread here somewhere on CNet related problems.

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

You don't want to pick only one product, even if you don't use SUPERAntiSpyware, you MUST run more than one product. No single product can catch everything on a given day - a single solution is not enough!

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Bottom line is no product can catch everything, everyday - it will never happen - so you MUST run more than one security solution.

21. m0use0ver

m0use0ver Registered Member

Did you test on a Sunday as that might explain the lousey performance by SAS.

Malware servers are running 24/7 producing new malware variants...SAS seldomly updates over weekends so would explain such bad performance:ouch:

22. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hey it was on the weekend:D

23. carat

carat Guest

Especially if you use SAS - because it's detection is very poor :oops:

24. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i cant speak for the realtime component but SAS has proved quite useful in removing malware from client PC's, i run the portable version from a live CD. MBAM does not have a portable version where as SAS does, good job SAS :thumb:

note to SAS haters- every product has its place, like i have demonstrated above.

25. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

When you mention every product has its place, do you mean both MBAM and SAS, or also all of the others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.