Why did you choose your username?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by dog, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/closehauled/Sailing/CloseHauled.jpg
    My user name is the term given to the highest point of sail that a sail boat can reach. At this point of sail, the apparent wind is the highest, the sea is the roughest. Therefore wind, bow spray, and heel are most prominent at this point of sail. For some, it is the most fun, for others, it is the most unpleasant. For me, it is the most exciting, the beating of the wind, the pounding of the sea, and the bite of the cold challenge the physical endurance, and the mental acuity of the sailor.

Close Hauled

2. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

Very good picture Close Hauled, we should share sea stories sometime. I'm no sailor but the sea has been my home for some 23 years now.

3. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Ailric of Loxley was the father of Robin Hood in the terrific English series Robin of Sherwood.

4. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

Well,
    The ant is a busy creature, always working hard to keep it's living space up and running and free from invaders. I'm always busy at my hobbies and I'm learning hard to master the firewall at the office. So Fire-Ant seemed a nice name combing everything. ;)

5. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Mine is really tough:

Luv2BSecure = I love to be secure! In every thing and every way. Of course, it doesn't always turn out that way, but I do LOVE to be secure! :)

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Because I tried six names and found someone else already had them....in desperation I happened to be reading an article on Cochise and the way the Apache nation were kind of dumped on and so I tried that and it was accepted........mind you, it has caused me some problems on some Forums I have been on (Tom Coyote) for instance...where I was jumped on by an 'Apparent' descendant who said I had no right to use the name...according to Apache law a Chiefs' name cannot be used by anyone else in the Tribe, but the complainant was trampled to bits by the Users at Tom Coyote..........not nice really at the time but I then became more sure it was OK....at no time would I ever show any disrespect for a Great Chief.....

Cochise, :cool:

7. mrcrash

mrcrash Registered Member

I chose mine because my mrs calls me it after i crashed my old pc a dozen times an old 233mhz with win ME very stable.... not!

8. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi all
    this has really been interesting reading,so many unique names.wish i'd been a little more orginal :D it makes it seem like you know everyone just a little bit better
    rita

9. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

But Ritaann is personal, it's just the same actually. :D

10. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hey 2dazed
    actually i tried on a few other sites to pick an other username but every time i'd pick one i'd get a message--that name is taken -so i finaly gave up and just used my name at least it wasnt already in use :D
    rita

11. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

Hey, how's it going? See, there ya go! You're just as unique as if you'd been able to use a nic. :D

12. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I'm 6'9" and a part time rodeo rider.
    Big? ..............................Buck?

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Why did you choose your username?
    it was the first thing that came into my head. Boudicca, was Queen of the Iceni and fought against the Roman Empire and defeated them in many battles before they eventually defeated her in the year 60/1 and she committed suicide. her statue has pride of place outside The Place of Westminster in London.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.