Why can't I post on various forums using LNS?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Slovak, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

For some odd reason I cannot post any threads on various different forums unless I right-click and quit LNS, any ideas how to fix this as I am trialing LNS and so far that is a turn off for me. Using Firefox and win2k.

2. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Registered Member

3. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Of course I did

4. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Registered Member

So, provide us with the information we could use to help you.

X.

5. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Already gave all pertinent info.

6. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I'm using FF on XP SP2 with LnS and Phant0m's rule set and I have no problem posting on any forums. So, for starters....

What rule set are you using ?

What options and Advanced options do you have set ?

7. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

I am using the enhanced ruleset. My options set are the default options when installing LNS, my network interface is my Linksys nic, not the WAN miniport. I am on DSL using a 2wire router/modem to feed my network. My advanced options are alse whatever they default at when installing LNS. I use Outlook 2002 for email, and just found out that I cannot send emails either, but have no problem receiving them unless I quit LNS. The error I get from sending emails says something about the tcp/ip connection was terminated. I am confused o_O
    I just found out that I also cannot get Ewido to update unless I quit LNS, it just says connecting to update.ewido.net... and it never connects.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  8. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Registered Member

Try using standard ruleset. Take a look at log, if your blocked connections appear there.

X.

9. want2bemalwarefree

want2bemalwarefree Registered Member

Slovak,

I have had the same problem with both the standard and enhanced rulesets. I found that if I momentarily disabled the ICMP blocking rules that most posts, emails, and program updates work. I then reenable them when the operation completes (usually only a few seconds). With some applications/internet email/forum sites I also have to disable the catch-all rule, but with most this is not necessary. Although this does not solve the problem, it does prevent having to quit LnS to post/email/update.

I plan to try Phant0m's ruleset to see if this solves the problem permanently.

Mark

10. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Registered Member

Maybe you could post a log of ICMP/other packets that make your serivces work?

X.

11. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

I tried getting hold of his ruleset, even mailed him, ICQ'd him etc., etc., and he never gave them to me, so I gave up on LNS, back to Kerio 2.x

12. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

From what I read in this thread, I doubt that there is any problem with the enhanced ruleset.

You should create a rule to log all of your E-Mail and Ewido-Update traffic, especially the one that is blocked by LnS. Then post your logs here in the forum so we can take a look.

(Like Defenestration) I'm using FF on XP SP2 with LnS and I have no problem at all posting in forums.

Thomas :)

13. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=353258&postcount=4

I haven’t had chance; my attentions were, when I have had some spare time I’d try to get something up once again.

Regards,

14. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

You should never resort to disabling “Catch-ALL rule” “Block : All other packets”.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.