Why cant I delete everything? Reapeating popups. Kernel keeps updating numerous times

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mrtoad, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrtoad

mrtoad Registered Member

I have some issues with NOD32. Some worse than others so I begin with the easy ones.

Kernel keeps updating numerous times.
    The NOD32 update baloon keeps poping up numerous times during one day. I like to think you are as affective as that, constantly releasing hotfixes and updates every second minute. But I have to believe thats not the issue here :). Seen posts covering topic althou no solution. Is this solved in 2.5 > versions?

Reapeating popups.
    IMON and AMON keeps poping up windows with threat alerts. This wouldnt be so bad if it was different issues - but they keep poping up about the same issue all the time. Even if I untick "display messages" I cant completely turn it off ... (why even have such a function if I can only turn it off for a brief period). From a userinteraction design perspective showing messages like this to a normal user just cause distress. It would be better to just messege sysadmin what is wrong. (There might be such a fuction but cant find it...).

Why cant I delete everything?
    Now and then I get threat alerts where "delete" is not availiable. Why? If I have a possible infection, or even a chance something might be wrong I want to completely purge the affected data. I couldnt care less if it is an important systemfile or the file in question is in use. If my system crashes I will fix it myself, no worries at all. Also, there are about a zillion 3d party software that are able to delete files that are in use (replacer.exe for example). I am confident Eset programers will have no problems implementing such a function for those of us who wants complete control. Windows file protection function is a joke anyways.

Finally, NOD32 is the single best AV software I ever tried! I actually dont know if you get all viruses. But the efficiency and small sice makes me very happy! Thanks!

Is there a beta program to sign up on?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders !

Well , just today NOD32 updated some times , more than as we usually see , but when it is updating it means we are getting even more protected against the new threats out there

You are infected

No , there is nothing currently :)

I strongly suggest you
    • Read Blackspear's tutorial and configure your NOD32 as per it (for maximum protection and automated work)
    • Boot in Safe Mode and perform full Scan&Clean (to eliminate the obvious infections your computer has)
    • After you restart you can also scan with Ewido Micro free , just for second opinion :)
    • If even the update pop-up annoys you , open Control Center -> NOD32 System Tools -> NOD32 System Setup -> press Setup and check "Enable silent mode" so that NOD32 doesn't pop-up at all
    • Since you may use silent mode , have the habit to sometimes have a look at the Threat log in NOD32's Control Center to have an idea what is going on :)
    • Read the FAQ of NOD32

Enjoy ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.