Why can you end the Nod32 process?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bbplayer, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbplayer

bbplayer Registered Member

Shouldnt this be a no no? I can control alt delete and just end the process for nod32... Shouldnt there be no access to actually closing out the processes? I imagine that might make it easy for a new virus to simply disable Nod32?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !
    NOD32 consists of two components -> User Interface and Protection service
    User interface is nodkui.exe , the Protection service is nodkrn.exe . The interface is the Control Center which you see on your system tray . From the Control Center you just say what settings NOD to use , the protection is working in the background without you noticing it

NOD32 works as a service in Windows . As soon as a Windows service is disabled , Windows starts it again which means that if you disable NOD32's protection nodkrn.exe , it starts again as soon as possible you remain protected ;)

If you disable the real time protection AMON it would be user's fault because of that action . Anyway , if you ask if virus can disable NOD32 ... less malware try to do it , however they wouldn't do it the way you try (via Win Explorer) . There are/were some viruses/malware trying to disable NOD32 however they are all detected proactively so you are protected :thumb:

3. Steph11111

Steph11111 Registered Member

That's right, I can stop nod32 from the task manager.(if I disable the process guard protection)
    Nod do not ask for any password.

EDIT: I did not read your answer HiTech_boy, but

Is it really enough?

4. Supersnake

Supersnake Registered Member

A most minor correction to HiTech_boy's always invaluable information.
    The service is nod32krn.exe

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't want to argue ,guys , I have done this numerous times including some minutes ago . It was disabled via the End Taks button and automatically re-enabled (nod32krn.exe started again) after no more than one-two seconds

Yes , it is . As you may have noticed , NOD32 service starts again if accidentically disabled . If some malware tries to disable it , it will not be able to because NOD32 will detect it and delete it long before it can even try to say "hi" . And yes , it is enough , in my opinion .

Something should be well-understood by people .
    The human is the smartes creature on that Planet . If somebody really wants , they can do everything to destroy a program/operating system ,etc... NOD32 is well-protected against incidents (malware or human incidents) but if you try to intentially harm it, of course nothing will be able to stop you , at least you are the admin/Owner/ of that computer

Regards! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2006
  6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.