Why BoClean?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Blackcat, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

There are a good number of what Trojanhunter considers to be unique trojans that we detect as variants. BOClean has been around since the inception of remote access trojans, where as Trojanhunter has only been around a few years. There are still some gaps in Trojanhunters coverage, which may possibly remain an issue.

2. and

and Guest

sorry ... forgot that this is an english board.

at least trojanhunter doesn't use text based signatures, nancy ...

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Blackcat,
    you're most welcome! And thank you for creating the opportunity for telling about our favorite software we love so much, giving some recommendations to our best knowledge and learning from other people's opinions, like Nancy's very clear and educative newsletter.
    For Kazaa you know to look extra in the anti-spyware too.
    Security on our systems to the ultimate you don't just for yourself, we all know why.
    Also remember what i told you about scanning the whole network (the drives) from one system.
    You might like to know you can use the TCP connect in that as your private chatbox (saves on phonebills :)).
    Wish you very good luck with shopping around and trying a few. And don't hesitate to ask questions, many people around to help you.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

and that means Andreas?

5. xor

xor Guest

Well i guess this means it uses fingerprints :D
    It's damn difficult make only textbased fingerprints in a binary executable :D

:D

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thread will be closed.
    Final decision is -as always- up to Paul.

Edited by FanJ.

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I apologize to Andreas and Michael: the words I used in my previous posting were not what I should have used. I have removed them.
    I will keep the thread closed until further decision has been taken.

Jan.

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thanks for holding the fort, Jan ;).

Provided all contributors to this thread post factual, to the point and backup their statements, this thread has been reopend for the time being.

That said: there's a thin line between useful contributions and contributions aimed at merely causing havoc and disruption. In case this line will be crossed, appropriate action will be taken.

regards.

paul

9. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

>With all due respect: not true! It is NOT the only scanner in the business that can do that.

With all due respect: not true! It IS the only scanner in the buisness that can do that. Magnus say:

scan files
    AND
    registry
    AND
    open ports
    AND
    memory
    AND
    scripts.

TDS can scan files, registry, memory and scripts, but no open ports (its not available as a scan). You have to read correctly ... .

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

There are open port scanners included.
    TDS > Network > Local port scanner
    as well some more.
    With the Traffic bridge or TCP Port listen you can see and change packets traffic.

It has a full 50 tools box which all come handy and one learns to use. Scan your own system or look at a possible intruder's system with various tools Jan mentioned.
    Use the nice extra scripts created by the TDS family in the private forum.
    You can set trojan ports with TDS listening, so no other process can listen on those defaults.

TDS has chosen not to alert like "port XX is open, could be.." for no unnecessary alerts. The port list utility shows the default ports for possible nasties.
    The scanning and detection with the exec protection doesn't give any nasty a change to ever run and open ports.
    Think we have mentioned already on the site and in the helpfile the examples "16 ways to smell a RAT" In the meantime there are over 20 ways.

If you run win2000/NT/XP you'll be happy to know also the NTFS files can be scanned and cleansed, which could conntain hidden streams.

Realtime Netstat with whois/copy to clipboard/kill features.
    The Autostart i find very handy, as one can delete registry entries without reboot, running Processes list of course also to view deeper till into the system files, kill and delete possibilities, etc.

There's so much written in the TDS forums here.......
    The new generation TDS-4 close round the corner will be even worse for nasties and more advanced; we're promissed more easy to use and licensed TDS-3 operators upgraded for free.

I like the choice made to have several functions in seperate programs which can either run stand alone or seemless beside one another. Waiting for more info about those too.

An outstanding addition for those functions mentioned is the new tool wich I really love: Port Explorer, which goes lots further in the port-to-process mapping and sockets spy, logging, all what's happening on your system, as an extra addition in security and defence against trojans.
    It's much more then an advanced Netstat viewer with automated resolve and whois etc. So very easy to use!
    We've been betatesting today's release 1.500 heavily, and we've not heard of any windows user having any problems which were not solved.

11. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Well Jooske ... i think you didn't understand what i mean.

Its not available if you do a System Scan. If you start a full system scan it won't say ... "Hey, port 12345 is open - it could be a netbus infection".

>I really love the new Port Explorer, which goes lots further in the port-to-process mapping
    >and sockets spy, logging, all what's happening on your system, as an extra addition in
    >security and defence against trojans.

xxxxxxxxxxx Just kick out the LSP or use an own stack (WinPCAP) and Port Explorer won't show anything.

Edit by FanJ:
    Andreas, this was a step over the line, and was edited out by me.

12. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Well FanJ ...

This is the OTHER ANTI-TROJAN SOFTWARE BOARD. Isn't it?

If i go to the TDS board and post ... "Oh i love GAV its so beautiful and much more than a simple file scanner and doesn't use any text based signatures as tds does" or something like this the post would be deleted on the ground "This is the TDS board.".

If someone from there came to the OTHER ANTI-TROJAN SOFTWARE BOARD. And says ... "Well i love Port Explorer bla bla" it has to be tolerated? Well think about what you are doing here ... . I guess you know that every one has the same rights and the same duty. So it would be interesting if Jooskes post will be edited, too. Ground? This is the OTHER ANTI-TROJAN SOFTWARE BOARD - and not place for any DCS promotion. Quite simple ... don't you think so?

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://www.a-2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47&highlight=port+explorer#47 posting nr 6 written by yourself.

Your info there is not correct: Port Explorer costs $30.

14. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Yes it is. :) So please everybody come back to the topic of this threat which was about BoClean or feel free to open up a new threat to continue offtopic discussions.

Thanks,

wizard

15. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Right on spot, wizard.

Andreas,

On this same page I posted this:

As it seems, you didn't stick to the quoted rules above; mods did have to delete parts of your posts being purely personal, and offending by nature. In plain English: not tollerated.

Therefore, you do not leave us any other option than: last and final warning. In case you will not play by the rules once more, you are not welcome anymore over here, and we will take as much action as needed.

Much is tollerated over on this board. Apart from our TOS, there is a limit. Personally, I'm sorry it has to come to this particular post - but so be it.

regards.

paul

16. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Its sad that so many threads veer off topic and end up like this these days.
    We're all adults capable of dicussing matters sensibly, and yet it often degrades into a 'slanging match'
    Its enough to drive people away.

Kev (driven away for tonight) :doubt:

17. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:DYup as a child i played with childish things as an adult i left such childish things behind hey you like my cool icon lol :D

18. Mr.Blaze

:DYou know what i love about boclean its simple and easy to use

any body can say this and that and blah blah about why other softwares are better and why others are bad

what they don't say when they are tearing other peoples work apart is that anything is possible here in cyber space no software is 100% and there will never be one

simply put thats why i believe for newbies tds and boclean make a combo much like spybot search and destroy and adaware.

look i can bs you about this and that but your newbies who you going to believe a elite programmer who has nothing better to do with his entire life to reduce others work.

or a real newby who sees threw the common mans eyes and can tell you as a newby hey this stuff works and its easy.

look if you want complicated stuff then i suggest you take up programing in security get a degree at cal tech

then look at every program and run around in circles wondering why no program is 100% secure lol

when a newby who's uneducated can hardly spell and tell you the end result no security application in the world will ever be 100% secure for your pc lol

so if your a newb boclean TDS and thats all there is Let the big guys worry about whats out there lol it ain't the newbies job to become a programmer

its nancy wayne and Galvin's problem if for some reason the applications they sale don't work like they should since there in the business of money isn't it smarter to think that they will deal with them why should us newbs worry about the whole world of nasty's

are job is to just use the applications and enjoy a great internet experience

blaze sips off tall glass of ice cold lemonade with ice

let those big guys worry about all that stuff me I'm going to lay dowen and tan

and enjoy the sun you newbies should to lol

19. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Nice reply Blazy and nice new icon too!

It's Nancy and Kevin for BOclean (and more) and Wayne, Gavin (without L) and Jason for the TDS/WG/PE triplet (at the moment).

Tanning, sunshine, icecold lemonade with ice?
    Here it's around freezing and winter-spring time mixed up and woollen sweaters! One for you Blazy:
    what do you get when you cross a kangaroo and a sheep? A woolly jumper.

Good atmosphere to look more at our nice security tools.
    TDS jukebox playing your favorites, an ss3 script msagent calling your local grocery for more lemonade delivery or sing a nice tanning song for you? In the meantime keeping all nasties out.. Great!

20. Mr.Blaze

hey have you heard of a program called voxx might go good with tds im readd some more something you might like

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You mean voxpro?, the powerpoint addition with i've read a wonderfull voice engine? The viewer alone is 38mb d/l and installing needs 200mb free space; buying the thing to be able to produce your pp slides presentations starts with $199 if i remember well. I still do with the TDS built in speech engines and the other sapi4 engines i collected.
    Voxpro might sing you good night too :)
    You can easily create your own slideshow in TDS scripting with chaining xForms like i did in the CokeMachine script and your own Blaze script. Paste sound files or speech code in them and you have your own presentation.
    How about a quick newbie instruction script "what to do if you think you're infected" or "smack the hacker" instruction that way?

Anyway if you mean another one you better IM me the URL to keep it here at least on topic.

22. Mr.Blaze

:DWILL IM TALKING ABOUT THIS ONE

Voxx is a new voice recognition utility that takes human-pc interaction to a
    new level.

Features:

- Intelligent Voice Dictation with rapid correction abliltiy
    - Intelligent Dictation with rapid correction functionality
    - Document Player that can convert any document into audible files for later
    playback
    - Default and Creatable Voice Shortcuts that run programs, open documents or lead
    to Websites at your Command
    - Audible Announcement of OS messages
    - Multiple Voices to choose from
    - Continuous Evolution

IM PLAYING WITH IT NOW AND IM OPPS lol sorry caps

im not impressed at all for what the price is it should be reading my web pages out loud to me as i scroll dowen with my mouse but no it dont do that

look like some minor comands sigh i dont see how convinent it is other then reading outloud the error messages or internet explorer boxs lol

23. Mr.Blaze

:Dwow i got all these voices and voxxx only can use 3 voices lol that sucks

i dowenloaded Speakonia and that lets me use all voices i got lol and it seems to be better and sader yet it free ware lol

hmmm josky whats the best hueman sounding voice on the market

24. Mr.Blaze

:eek:what the? ok that scared me but it was cool vox reads any pop ups including zone alarm pro pop ups out loud in voice cool

25. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hey Guys, Lighten up!!!!

My original post was simply a request about your views on BoClean. And I did request 'no flaming'.

I did not expect World War 3 to start!!!!

I understand that you would like to support your individual products but for most of us newbies we would simply like you to give some short answers relevant to the original thread.

Life is too short for all of this bickering. Wait until you get to my age.

Safe surfing to all but there is much more to life than the relative merits of a particular software program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.