Why are my images so large ?????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sickcityxiii, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sickcityxiii

sickcityxiii Registered Member

Acronis True Image Enterprise 9.7

I've searched everywhere on the net for this for 2 days and I can't find anything.

I have basically a brand new system here with an 80 gb hard drive. Only 6 gigs are used (windows updates, drivers). This will be an image for new computers.

Whenever I run Acronis TI, it estimates my image will be 3.4-3.7 gb's and take 15 minutes....

However, my backup takes 2 hours, and it results in a 18+ GB Image !...everytime, no matter the compression.

There aren't too many options when setting up the backup, so I dont know what other options I have o_O?

I'm backing up to an NTFS External USB drive.

Oh, and I used ghost to do the same thing and it resulted in a 3.2gb Image....which is what I expected.

Please, Does anyone know how I can get acronis to do this properly o_Oo_O?

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Please run the command Chkdsk -r and see if this fixes the problem.

I had the same problem. I had several crossed allocation units which meant that Acronis created a backup file larger than all the data and programs on my system.

:)

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you run CHKDSK d: /R (where d: is the drive letter) on all the drives? Results like this can happen if there are errors on the drive.

4. sickcityxiii

sickcityxiii Registered Member

Well...since two people said it....I'll give it a try :)

Although, Like I Said.....it's a brand new system so I'm doubting the hard drive is bad....

And I still dont see how this would solve the issue in my situation. Ghost did it in it's expected time and size, but i'm having a hell of a time with making the image bootable/usable. I prefer acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.