Why all the problems w/ESET NOD32 Antivirus?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by zapjb, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Why all the problems with ESET NOD32 Antivirus? Last time I used NOD32 was around v2.7 or was it v2.5. There were little problems but overall I had a great experience with it. Then something came up. Can't remember if I got a great deal on KAV or KIS or a couple FPs were bothering me. Anyways I left NOD32 behind. With good memories.

Now it seems there's way more issues with v3 & v4. From the numerous posts I see. So is it because this small little San Diego company has over reached itself? Trying to conquer an all in one solution in ESS? Or is because it's like 10x more popular now? I imagine Eset's user base has gone up 10's of thousands since v2.x. What do you think?

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

The main development happens in Slovakia, as far as I am concerned. The office in San Diego is just a branch office (for distribution and marketing, I believe).

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Didn't know that. The vast amount of press & literature I've seen has always mentioned San Diego. And I never heard about them being based in Slovakia.

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Basically, deeper hooks in to application and networking layers offer more thorough scanning and better detection rates, but the flip-side of this is that you also increase the risk of hitting application compatibility issues because you cannot possibly test every system configuration after hooking in so deeply. Roughly the same story applies with the advanced heuristics.

5. Flyer00

Flyer00 Registered Member

This is depressing. I've been using NOD32 since the 2.x days and recommended it to everyone because it just worked and never caused problems. Since 3.0, I started getting random blue screens and 4.0 hasn't seemed to fix much. Sadly, I'm going to have to start looking for an alternative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.