Why Acronis TI?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tepe2, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I`m a newbie. Never tried any Acronis products, but i need a good backup-software that works. My intention is to burn images to DVD. A couple of weeks ago I thought TI9 would be the right deal, but I`m not so sure after reading about all the problems. Has anyone succeeded burning images to DVD, and restoring without any problems? Please let me know. Please tell me why I should use TI. Do I have any choice? I have heard about Norton Ghost, but don`t know if it is any better (I don`t thrust Norton products). The free DriveImage XML http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm looks like a good alternative, but I do not know too much about it. Any experience with this or other? Anyway I start with downloading the TI9 Userguide to see if I get any smarter. Thanks.

2. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

I tried TI for a while... having little lan with 5 computers I took an image of all of them. After one month I wanted to reinstall the images back to the original computers. 2 images were corrupt... excellent. So if you are serious about disaster recovery... think twice. Now I am testing Dantz Retrospect.
    Ciao
    Itsme

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Since this is a comparison thread as opposed to an Acronis supoprt issue, I have moved it to the "software & services" forum.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

tepe2~ While I am a satisfied user of TrueImage on my home desktop PC (where I backup to a removable hard drive), I do not use TI to backup my notebook (where I prefer backing up to DVDs). TI is not yet designed for seamless DVD operation and that is a well known fact. There are several other products better suited for that purpose, such as NTI's Backup NOW! Dlx Suite (which I happen to use). A less expensive product with a good following is Terabyte's Image For Windows, but it isn't as good as Backup NOW! for backing up selected folders/files. ~pv

PS. Sorry, but I have no experience with, or knowledge of DriveImage XML, so I can't compare it to the other products discussed above.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.