whos got an hp psc scanner? why does it keep on going on about ativex???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I have an HP psc (mine is Hp 1215) as does my friend. She recently had scanning problems and tried 2 things.
    Changed usb ports - didn't work.
    In HP directors properties unticked "run in compatibility mode" and rebooted. This worked for her.

Good luck with your problem

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I've got an hp psc 2210 all-in-one. Haven't ever experienced the problem that you're having with yours, though. You may have an out-of-date driver, or a corrupted one, or perhaps something else on your computer is interfering with your scanner's operation

If you registered it, you should be able to go into an online chat with a service tech and they should be able to help you with the problem. Good luck. Pete

4. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

ICE

That "Window" you displayed.....comes from internet explorer....(activeX disabled)........could it be that your scanner is trying to register ?

Thats my guess and I am sticking to it....lol

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

ActiveX is only in IE... Is the HP printer software on your computer trying to open up a webpage? Check the HP software again.

I got a HP psc 750 all-in-one printer, but the scanner is dead already. And I plan to reinstall my printer from scratch.
    BTW Iceni, whats the model of your HP printer?

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for the help.

stapp, i'll try what you said, thanks

Pete, i'm not talking to you :D joke. i don't think i can go through reinstalling the driver because i used an uninstaller for the install so i'd have to go through uninstalling everything. i'll try talking to tech support first although that sounds about as bad as a reinstall :D . i've got an irc search engine bookmarked is that what you ment?

Snowie, nadirah, Pete, yes you are right after, i think it was one more popup, it launched it's own "hp" browser. from experience those kind of browsers use IE's settings. how do i register it?

it's a psc 1610.

7. Snowie

Snowie Guest

ICE

Well, since this is an activeX issue.........an it appears that DIS-ABLED ACTIVE-X is causing the issue.........you could try ENABLING ACTIVE-X an allow the printer to register itself...........just a thought.....whatca think
    ( the "zone" is yet un-known so you may need to enable active-x in a couple of the "zones")

Snowie The Snowman

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, i'll try it. i suppose i could try putting their site in the trusted zone first too. i booted into Ubuntu so i can finish installing the printer there - i missed half the install instrucions for it :D although atm the printer works for both XP and Ubuntu. i just need to get the scanner working now.

i might post my picture if i get it to work, then you can all see how handsome i am :eek:

9. nadirah

LOL! Yeah baby... :blink::shifty::ninja:

10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it took me about 3 seconds to set everything up in Ubuntu ;)

11. nadirah

Can it be done in Windows as well?

12. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i don't know yet i'm still using Ubuntu. what do you mean? get it to work, i hope so. i might uninstall it all in windows and start again now i know i have it working here because of all the bloat.

if i start from scratch again what do i need to install to get an hp psc "all-in-one" to work?

13. steveke

steveke Registered Member

If you go to the HP homepage and go to software and driver downloads, it will prompt for your model number. Once you enter model number, you will be taken to a page where a scan will be run to see what you need.

This is the US page-I do not know if it is different from country to country

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

14. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, i'll try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.