who votes for training?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lodore, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, who thinks people should have training before they are allowed to use the web so they dont download rubbish then complain that there pc goes slow and there details get nicked?
    how many unsafe surfers do you know?
    I bet its alot.

anyway look at the screenshot of what was found of someone's home pc who is on my computer course. it just used dr web cure it since i didnt have time to try a squared and superantispyware after.

also what is munga bungas http brute forcer?
    someone else in my class told me it was a password cracker and the person who's pc it was on used it to steal someone msn messenger password.
    but am i right in thinking it also logs the keys of the person who installed it on there pc and sends it back to the hacker who made the program?
    i would find it interesting what information gets send back to the person who made the program.
    and anyother infomation about it.

lodore

Attached Files:

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Munga Bungas HTTP Brute Forcer
    Munga Bungas HTTP Brute Forcer is a utility utilizing the HTTP protocol to brute force into any login mechanismsystem that requires a username and password, on a web page (or HTML form).
    It's mostly used to crack MSN accounts. Bad boys :thumbd:

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks for the infomation tommy.
    does it send anyinfomation back the the person who made the program?
    lodore

4. controler

controler Guest

I agree everyone should be forced to take a test, plus forced to ware seat belts, life jackets, not eat trans fats, ect. I do not think people should be allowed to decide what they want to do at all. IT should all be disigned for them to PROTECT them. It is for their own good isn't it?:gack:

controler

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Not in this lifetime:doubt:

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

so you think we are doomed to have stupid people going to dodgy sites even thou it screams at them dodgy site?
    lodore

7. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Don't know, don't use this kind of applications.
    Regarding to your thread question, i will answer you with a strict NO.
    It should be the users own decission if he wants to put himself into jepady or inform himself first before making advanced steps in the Internet or application enviorment.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@tommy i do see your point that its the users decision but in the case of a password cracker I think there should be a bigger crackdown on them.
    what about those users that dont know anything about secuirty have there passwords nicked because someone uses that password cracker to nick there msn password or worse credit card details?
    and the other thing is what if some teenager downloads dodgy torrents gets a keylogger without knowing and then there parents do internet banking and there credit card details get nicked.
    any of those things could happern easy is todays world.

at my college in the ict department where i do my course two of the tutors made a simple password cracker and came back the next day and the password was cracked.
    then we get back to the script kiddies that make them in there bedrooms.
    I found the thread here at wilders about crack almost any password in two minutes very interesting.
    so for me in the uk i have the advantage that most password crackers are based on us keyboards im betting it wont be long till they make one based on uk keyboards thou.
    lodore

9. screamer

screamer Registered Member

lodore, you Dr.Web image reminds me of my daughters machine. Hahahaha!!!

To answer your OP: required to take a test. Hahahahaha!!! Nooooo!

...screamer baptism by fire

10. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I think a basic education could/should be done, but as long as so called Warez/Crack/Hack-Software is available for everybody it's kind of useless.
    Kiddies and also adults are atracted to this kind of stuff, and if it's only to see what's behind it. Than it's mostly to late. Keylogger was downloaded, malware installed, etc. Your PC is open to every body.

Conclusion could be a kind of security education to prevent those cases, but everything more is useless, as the human being is an explorer, even if the explored is bad and malicious.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i can imagine it now: an internet license :D

i gotta agree with Tommy. if a person want to visit shady sites and/or browse with no security programs running, then let them. they cant blame anyone but themselves for any consequences.

12. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

lmao!
    lodore

14. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    People should need obtain license for everything - driving / computers / children / etc.
    Mrk

15. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

everything that is not mandatory is prohibited?

no thanx we are close enough to that already

16. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

What about a license to post on Wilders? I think it's nececarry in some cases. *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.