who knows?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by biggwormer, Jun 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggwormer

biggwormer Registered Member

how do you find out who's port and udp is tring to get onto your computer?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi biggwormer,

Can you expand on that a little more? What exactly makes you think that there is a problem on your system?

Generally, you can't describe a person trying to get into your computer by "who's port" or "who's udp"... If you could describe the situation a little more, I'm sure we could advise you. :)

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

I;m not sure if this is what you are looking for but;

On finding a UDP connection in the activity window (bottom window) you can note the Remote IP address indicated there and type "Ctrl+W" to open the Whois window. Type in the IP address and leave the search type at automatic. This will show you the registered "owner" of the Network range containing the IP. (Keep in mind that in many cases the smallest registered owner for some networks will consist of thousands of IPs so it is not going to get you the user of that PC :)

To identify what services use the specific UDP port you see in the log, you can go to any of the many Port Databases such as

http://www.neohapsis.com/neolabs/neo-ports/

For doing a port query on something in the upper window just right-click on that entry and you can automatically query the PortExplorer PortDB

HTH

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Biggwormer,
    if you see a connection in your PE upper GUI, you can rightclick such a connection and the menu opens for you with a Resolve that IP and the Whois as well what is local port or remote port and the service/process on your system it's connected to.
    This menu is connected to the Utilities menu on top.
    The port reference is rather actual for default trojan/services names on those ports.
    In that LookUp utility you can now also relate the IP to country!
    I love the fastness of those tools, no need to lose time on digging for and opening other tools on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.