Who is using KIS 2006 ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dja2k, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well don't know how you did that cause it doesn't pass all of them, but if you wree using the Proactive Detection, then good job! Just remember about that flaw I mentioned earlier, maybe you saw that going around in the other forums already for KAV's scanner.

dja2k

2. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

there is one option in proactive defense i enabled before I did the test that was turned off by default, and now I also have the app integrity disabled because of the bug so if I redid the test now it might fail some.

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yep thats what I figured as some other postings elsewhere say that the proactive defense was a plus in the leaktests.

dja2k

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Do any of you have the extra packet filtering entries enabled?

dja2k

5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

packet filtering was on default.

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I was using built 311 and the problem for the proactive defense is still there. First the problem with the keyloggers and the popup for invaiders. Who is using KIS full blown with all the options on and what do you think?

dja2k

7. Mem

Mem Registered Member

311 is the alpha MP1 code. You should expect bugs and report them to Kaspersky.

8. kumarprabhatn

kumarprabhatn Registered Member

Even i use limewire.. No probs.. Infact I think its not monitoring limewire.. Any virus thats transmitted through limewire isn't being detected through auto protect or file antivirus or whatever they call it..
    [MOVE]Anyone knows the reason?? Please tell :) !![/MOVE]

9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Anyone using KIS built 314. Seems better in the scanning time and the proactive module seems a bit better. I still got some keylogger alerts. I keep getting slowdowns in sites with audio and video as well as javachat sites, maybe its just me though. Any other noticable things for those who using this version?

dja2k

10. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi gja2k,
    I did install build .314 yesterday but really didn't had time to test it extensively. Anyway so far my impression is good. The full scan was much faster than with build .312 and beside a few keylogger alerts seems to be O.K. on my PC.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.